[NEohioPAL] THE ACADEMY presents THE LITTLE PRINCE!

Jamie Koeth jamiekoeth at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 07:33:08 PST 2011

January 19, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

THE ACADEMY OF THE PERFORMING ARTS
presents
The Little Prince

from the Novella by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Please call for Reservations at 440-715-4004

The Little Prince, based on the book by Antoine De Saint-Exupery, makes several profound and idealistic observations about life and human nature.  As the Little prince goes on a fantasmagorical trip from one planet to another he meets a cadre of cooky characters each one exhibiting the characteristics that we embody as we become "grown ups".  As he explores the universe to find answers, we are reminded to rediscover our own "inner child" and to continue the pursuit of our true dreams and desires.

For this production The Academy Studio Stage has been transformed into a desert sandbox with 5,000 lbs. of Sahara Sand. Actors in the production use their bodies to create the environment of this journey under the supervision of choreographer Bill Wade of Inlet Dance Company. Join us for this whimsical, impressionistic production that teaches us about love, desire, and the discovery that "what is essential is invisible to the eye, and it is only with the heart that one sees rightly".

Directed by Julia Kolibab
Choreography by Bill Wade
Assistant Choreographer Seanne Rodgers
Set & Lighting Design by Ben Needham
Costume Design by Caitlin Van Neil
Stage Manager Sarah Lynn Nicholas
Asst. Stage Managers Allie Anderson, Alexis McNichol, Leena Zarlinga
Director of the Academy Tom Fulton

Featuring:

Jeron Blanton, Hana Cheplowitz, Ben Claus, Emily Evans, Callie Furnas, Terra Gatewood, Morgann Grampp, Tahzae Letcher, Alexandra Rancman, Whitney Rich, Ryan Stafford, Dior Stephens, Jordan Sweress, Kelli Wanamaker, Alina Zlakomanovna

FRIDAY, JANUARY 21st 7:30PM
SATURDAY, JANUARY 22nd 7:30PM
SUNDAY, JANUARY 23rd 2:30PM

Please call for reservations at
440-715-4004
Or visit:
http://www.chagrinacademy.org

ADULT TICKETS $10
STUDENTS & SENIORS $5

The Academy of the Performing Arts
At the Chagrin Falls High School Studio Theatre
400 East Washington Street
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022

The Academy of the Performing Arts
is a program of