[NEohioPAL] Looking for film location

Noelle Bye noellebye at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 08:24:40 PST 2011

I am the director of photography for a low-budget film in the Akron area,
and we have recently lost our main filming location and are in need of a new
one ASAP.  Our project, "Chill", is a mystery-suspense film. We have a solid
cast and crew who had re-arranged their work schedules to do this project
voluntarily back in December, before the location fell through. Does anyone
know of a creepy, older-looking barn, library, or theater or similar
location we might be able to work with? Unfortunately, we are very
low-budget and we were getting our original place for free, so we cannot
afford to pay much in the way of rental fees.

As for what we can possibly offer in return (and what we were prepared to
offer the first location):

   - We can use the business's name throughout the film, and viewers will
   definitely have a good look at the location itself, inside and outside,
   which greatly increases your visibility. You will also receive a very
   special thank you, of course, in the credits.
   - We are willing to shoot a commerical/promo/or public service
   announcement for the facility, advertising your services or whatever you
   want to promote about yourselves, that you will then be able to use as you
   wish. Normally, shooting a high end promo would cost you at least $1,000,
   but we would do this for free, just to use your facility. From there, you
   could buy air time to have shown on television, use it on your website, etc.
   - At least one newspaper article is already in the works about the film
   and this would be more free publicity for you, as our location.
   - Everyone involved in this movie is doing it for free, to further our
   careers. Realistically, we don't expect to become "rich and famous" with an
   independent project, but these films can be a springboard to launch careers
   in this cast and crew.  It isn't beyond the realm of possibilities for
   someone to use this movie in his/her reel to move on to bigger and better
   things, and maybe down the road, that person will become a notable public
   figure. That can only help this region down the road.
   - In addition, you will be supporting the local arts. Film art invokes
   emotional responses from the audience, and enlarge the souls of viewers.
   Movies are an escape from material occupations.  With ticket prices at $12 a
   pop, you would think that in economic times like these, no one would be
   paying that ridiculous price, yet the contrary is true.  More people go to
   films in economic down times because it IS an escape.
   - The location would also be allowed to have showings of the film and any
   proceeds you make from said showings are theirs to keep.

We would like to use the building on Tuesday evenings and weekends.
Realistically, we may need the building for a month or so.

Any info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very
much!

Noelle