[NEohioPAL] OH Young Stars Theatre Group is holding Auditions for a Musical Cinderella

Natalie Rossi ohtalentcasting at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 16:44:54 PST 2011

     OH Young Stars Theatre Group
          is   holding  Auditions for a
         Musical Cinderella

Auditions: January 20th- February 18th.
Callback: February 19th - February 20th
Rehearsal will take place every Saturday from 3pm- 7pm,
starting on February 27th

To Schedule your Audition, please contact 216-702-6980 or e/m ohtalentcasting at yahoo.com
www.ohyoungstarstheatregroup.info

Cinderella
Audition List
Cinderella
Prince
Prince’s Brother
Fairy Godmother
King
Queen
Stepmother
Portia
Joy
Heralds
Chef
Stewards
Coachman
Mice

The Townspeople
Little Girl
Little Boy
Father
Mother
Daughter
1st Girl
2nd Girl
3rd Girl
Woman #1
Woman #2
Oldest Sister
Younger Sister
Kid Sister
Sloppy Girl
“Bad” Girl
Studious Girl
Grandma

Auditions are open children and teens ages 8-16.  Elementary, Middle and High school students are encouraged to apply. Ability to act and sing a must.

When and where are the Auditions/Callbacks?
Auditions: January 20th- February 18th.
Callback: February 19th - February 20th
Rehearsal will take place every Saturday from 3pm- 7pm,
starting on February 27th

If you may have a picture and/or resume please e/m them to me.

What age range are you looking for? 8-16

What do the kids need for the audition?  Please prepare 1 min monologue and a song.

What are the rehearsal schedules like and show performance dates?
Rehearsals will be once a week.  On Saturdays from 3:30pm-7:00pm. Rehearsals will start on February 27th

Performance: End of May, location and time will be provided

Auditions: Lyndhurst/Mayfield area, please call me for directions

Rehearsals: Chagrin Rd, Beachwood, OH, please call me for directions

What are you looking for: I am looking for personality, ability to act and sing . Please respond only if you can seriously commit.

Rehearsals ( on Saturdays):  Once a week 2-3 hours  long.

To schedule your audition, please contact: 216-702-6980 or   e/m  ohtalentcasting at yahoo.com

How it works:

First we'll schedule an Audition- cold read of the script. If we'll all agree following audition you did well at the audition, we'll schedule a callback

If you are selected for the production following the callback:

Following the Audition you will or will not be invited to the callback. If you are invited to the callback that means that you will be casted in the show, but we’ll need to see you one more time in order to decide on the right part for you. At the end of the callback we will let you know on the part that will be assigned to you. We are non-profit and self funded. Upon acceptance into the show $275 tuition fee and signed production agreement will be required.

Rehearsals will start on February 27th. Scripts review and run through in February. Character building and blocking in March.  During the dress rehearsal and technical week we may need to meet two times a week and/or spend longer hours practicing.

Media: ( previous show Alice in Wonderland- The New Adventures)  was presented by OHYSTG @ the Cleveland Play House on November 14th, 2010
http://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/articles/2010/11/16/arts/performance/doc4cdc07d70698b148243533.txt

We believe that all three elements will help to enhance your child's musical intelligence and memory skills. Expose them to many different types of music using character development, ballroom dance rhythms. The purpose is to foster a love of dance and the arts and provide training in all these areas.

Research indicates that musical children do better at reading, writing, math, language, and have a higher level of concentration and spatial reasoning than children not exposed to music have. Music can also provide a myriad of oral language benefits from grammar and pronunciation to quickly picking up rhythm and accents in first or second language study. It can build social and emotional skills, decrease performance anxiety, assist motor development, and boost creativity. Additionally, solo music performance has been known to increase self-capacity and self-esteem.

Look forward to working with you.

Natalie A Rossi- Artistic Director/Producer
ohtalentcasting at yahoo.com
216-702-6980