[NEohioPAL] HOMESCHOOL Theatre Class at Weathervane Playhouse

Melanie YC Pepe mycp at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Wed Jan 26 10:51:07 PST 2011

NEWS RELEASE
Contact: Melanie YC Pepe (330) 836-2626
www.WeathervanePlayhouse.com

Weathervane Playhouse
1301 Weathervane Lane  *  Akron, Ohio  44313

** CLICK HERE to view bios for our instructors! **

Triple Threat Training
A "Triple-Threat" performer is one who can act, sing and dance -- all at the same time! Students in this class will study all three of these aspects of musical theatre: singing, dancing and acting. In singing focus will be on proper breathing, pitch, dynamics and emotional expression. At least one piece from the musical-theatre genre will be studied and memorized for the student to use in auditions. In the study of dance emphasis will be placed on warming up to avoid injuries, learning basic musical-theatre steps, staying with the beat and working on combinations and choreography. More advanced dancers will have the opportunity to do more difficult steps.  In acting students will employ monologues, scenes, improvisation, audition technique and theatre games. Students will have the opportunity to apply their skills by rehearsing and presenting a class performance. This class is designed to work with each student at his or her own level.

Triple Threat Training
Ages 7 to 14
Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
February 22 - May 3 (No class April 19)
Tuition $160

CLICK HERE to view FULL DESCRIPTIONS of our Spring Classes

For more information or to register,
click here: http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com
or call 330-836-2626.