[NEohioPAL] Auditions at The Youngstown Playhouse for DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE

info at theyoungstownplayhouse.com info at theyoungstownplayhouse.com
Wed Jan 26 11:53:41 PST 2011

The Youngstown Playhouse is holding auditions for
Sarah Ruhl's DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE Sunday February
13th at 4 p.m. and Monday February 14th at 5:30 p.m.

Auditioners will be asked to read various scenes from
the play.  Please bring a resume and photo.
Cast Requirements:
4 female, 2 male
A Woman, Jean ~ age 30+
A Dead Man, Gordon ~ age 40+
Gordon's Mother, Mrs. Gottlieb ~ age 60+
Gordon's Wife, Hermia ~ age 35+
Gordon's Brother, Dwight ~ age 30+
The Other Woman / The Stranger ~ 30+

An incessantly ringing cell phone in a quiet café. A
stranger at the next table who has had enough. And a
dead man—with a lot of loose ends. So begins Dead
Man’s Cell Phone, a wildly imaginative new comedy by
playwright Sarah Ruhl, recipient of a MacArthur
“Genius” Grant and Pulitzer Prize finalist for her
play The Clean House. A work about how we memorialize
the dead—and how that remembering changes us—it is
the odyssey of a woman forced to confront her own
assumptions about morality, redemption, and the need
to connect in a technologically obsessed world.

Directed by Susi Thompson, DEAD MAN'S CELL PHONE will
be the 4th play in the new Griffith/Adler Actor's
Series.

Performances will be May 13, 14, 20 & 21 at 7:30 p.m.
Rehearsals will begin around March 21.

The Youngstown Playhouse has been entertaining
audiences of all ages with high quality performances
for over 80 years. Conveniently located mid way
between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, we have one of the
largest community theatre stages in Northeast Ohio
and are considered to be the oldest ongoing community
theatre in the country. Join us for our 86th season,
which began with sold out CHICAGO The Musical in
September!
The Playhouse is located at 600 Playhouse Lane,
Youngstown, Ohio 44511.  330-788-8739

www.theyoungstownplayhouse.com
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/youngstownplayhouse