[NEohioPAL] CORRECTED: Beck Center Adult Theater Classes: Starting soon! Try Improv for FREE!

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Mon Jan 31 18:01:52 PST 2011

This Saturday, February 5th we kick off our Saturday Youth Theater classes here at the Beck Center ... but on Monday, February 7th and 10th, we start our first ADULT Theater classes for the Winter/Spring semester.  Isn't it time you got yourself back in the classroom and flexing those acting muscles again?  Isn't it time you took a moment for yourself - for your own artistry?  Don't make any more excuses.  It is YOUR time now.

Here's what one of our adult students says about studying with Natalie Green:

"I am writing with the purpose of expressing my gratitude to you and the Beck Center for offering the Adult acting class this past spring ... Natalie Green is incredibly professional and has a wealth of experience, but also is kind, humorous, understanding, reachable and, above all, inspiring.  She has given us goals and ways to begin to achieve them.  Each student had our own reason and desire for taking this class, and Natalie not only focused on those, but also helped us reach far beyond and see Theater as so much more than I could have ever imagined!" - Betsy Libens

Oh, and did we mention that another one of the "Adult Acting" students landed a leading role in Beck's upcoming Professional production of Steve Martin's adaptation of THE UNDERPANTS?

Similarly, we're so certain that you'll love the "Adults Only: Improvisation" class, that we've priced it so that the first class is FREE!  Come by on Thursday, February 10 from 7:00-8:00pm and try it out.  If you love it, sign up for the remaining sessions.  If not (which I doubt!), you will have paid nothing.  What have you got to lose?

To confirm, the Adults Only: Improvisation class runs on Thursdays from 7:00-8:00pm (NOT 6:00 - 7:00pm as mentioned in the previous posting).

So shake off the winter time blues and consider joining us for one of these exciting offerings starting next week:

*         Adult Acting : Back to Basics (Ages 18 and up) Instructor: Natalie Green
This course is designed for both the adult beginner who wishes an introduction to the fundamental tools of acting, as well as the experienced adult actor who desires a clear refresher. Utilizing theater exercises, monologues and scenes, actors will explore and develop the fundamental tools needed to create full, honest and compelling characters.

Mondays, 7:00-9:00pm; 10 Weeks; 2/7 - 4/11; Tuition: $195

*         Adults Only: Improvisation (Ages 18 and up) Instructor: Aaron Patterson/Russ Stich
This class will focus on the "yes and" principle and work through games and exercises to develop creativity and spontaneity.  Study with two of the men who continue to make "Something Dada" the premiere Improv troupe in Cleveland!

Thursdays, 7:00 - 8:00pm; 10 Weeks; 2/10 - 4/14; Tuition: $90

*         Private Coaching (Ages 14 to Adult) Instructor: Jonathan Kronenberger

The associate director of Theater Education will be offering private coaching sessions. These scheduled work times are intended for the serious theater student in which to prepare materials for auditions and college applications. To schedule a time, contact the associate director at 216.521.2540 x27.

Fee: $25 for a 30-minute session. Accompanist available for an additional fee: $30 for a 30-minute session.

Don't wait. Stop by the Beck Center for the Arts at 17801 Detroit in Lakewood, check out the catalog online at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org> or call 216-521-2540 x10 and sign up for a class today!

* * * * *
Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio.  Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions on two stages, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring local and regional artists. For more information about the Beck Center, visit our website at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>.