[NEohioPAL] THE ACADEMY presents THE HEIRESS

Jamie Koeth jamiekoeth at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 15:33:53 PST 2011

February 2, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

THE ACADEMY
FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
presents:
The Heiress

by Ruth and Augustus Goetz
Adapted from the 1880 Henry James novel, Washington Square

Please call for Reservations at 440-715-4004

Set in 1850 with the impact of a contemporary psychological drama, The Heiress is an adaptation of novelist Henry James at his best.

Submissive and fearful, Catherine Sloper has been a timid wallflower most of her life.  When she falls desperately in love with her suitor, Morris Townsend, her father threatens to disinherit her.  In order to become the woman she truly is, Catherine must sever all ties from the two men she loves most.

Henry James wrote marvelously about the transformation of character. This play is a tribute to the power of theatrical story-telling and the molding of who we are.  If we cannot call our souls our own, it little matters what else we may have.

Directed by Bernadette Clemens
Set & Lighting Design by Ben Needham
Costume Design by Caitlin Van Niel
Sound Design by Richard Ingraham
Stage Managed by Mandalyn Stevens
Director of the Academy Tom Fulton

Featuring:

Guest artist Robert Hawkes, Meghan Grover, Max Kogan, Courtney Horne

With:

Siobhan Carroll, Rachel Oshrin, Laurel Gehrisch,
Ashley Stotesbury, Patrick Mooney

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11th 7:30PM
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12th 7:30PM
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 13th 2:30PM

Please call for reservations at
440-715-4004
Or visit:
http://www.chagrinacademy.org

ADULT TICKETS $10
STUDENTS & SENIORS $5

The Academy for the Performing Arts
At the Chagrin Falls High School Performing Arts Center
400 East Washington Street
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022

The Academy for the Performing Arts
is a program of