[NEohioPAL] Something Dada Takes Their Show on the Road

Something Dada info at somethingdada.com
Wed Feb 9 18:40:31 PST 2011

    After nearly four years at the Tower Press Building, Something Dada,
Cleveland’s longest running improvisational comedy company, is taking their
show on the road.

Since it’s formation in 1994, Something Dada has been entertaining audiences
virtually every weekend with their unique brand of fast-paced,
audience-based improvisational comedy. All shows are based on audience
suggestions and created right before their eyes, and none of that will
change with their departure from the Tower Press Building.

“The only difference now is that Something Dada will be bringing the funny
to you. We’ll be playing a number of different venues in various locations,
giving our audiences a chance to catch our show right in their own
backyard,” says Russel Stich, Something Dada’s general manager.

To kick off this new venture, Something Dada will host a Farewell to the
Tower Press performance on Saturday April 2. Doors will open at 8:00pm for a
mix and mingle with the cast as well as beverages and appetizers. Dada’s
final performance at The Tower Press will begin at 9:00pm and the evening
will conclude with a post show reception at Becky’s Bar & Grille on E 18th.
Tickets for this special event are $15 each.

In addition to performing at new venues, Dada will be working to expand
their outreach, educational, corporate and private performance schedule.

“Dada has done everything from elementary school workshops and Bar Mitzvahs
to corporate performances and team building exercises,” says Stich. “We’re
excited to explore more of these opportunities.”

In anticipation of their growing schedule, Something Dada recently held
auditions with an astounding turn out of twenty seven improvisers hoping to
join this venerable act.

Something Dada, Cleveland’s premier improvisational comedy company, has been
making Clevelanders laugh for more than 16 years.  All Something Dada shows
are based completely on audience suggestions, meaning no two shows are ever
the same.  Something Dada presents its signature brand of fast-paced, in
your face, hilarious improv comedy every Saturday at 8:00 p.m. in the
Wooltex Gallery in the Tower Press Building at 1900 Superior Avenue,
Cleveland, from now through Saturday, April 2. Reservations can be made,
tickets can be purchased and more info can be found at
www.somethingdada.comor by calling 216.421.7937. Something Dada also
performs for private events,
corporate functions, school groups, community festivals and more.