[NEohioPAL] "The Unexpected Guest" the hit of the party at Coach House

Nancy Cates NancyCates at ohioshakespeare.com
Thu Feb 10 10:32:27 PST 2011

Now playing at Coach House Theatre

Through Feb. 20

http://www.coachhousetheatre.com <http://www.coachhousetheatre.com/> /

The Unexpected Guest, by Agatha Christie

"This year's [Agatha Christie] production is indeed an exceptional one.
Director Andrew Cruse has done an outstanding job keeping the action moving
quickly, making each of the characters distinct and building suspense on top
of suspense."

West Side Leader

"Directed by Andrew Cruse, the tight-knit cast succeeds in making us
question a handful of characters' murder motives. As hard as we may try,
it's impossible to get one step ahead of Christie, if we don't already know
the story . Just when you think this mystery has wrapped up, think again."

Akron Beacon Journal

"This Christie mystery has the plot twists and turns fans expect from her
works, and the ensemble cast does a commendable job in bringing the
characters to life."

Stow Sentry

"The cast is uniformly excellent . As the master of mystery plays, Christie
makes each character seem a logical suspect. In truth, I wasn't sure who the
murderer was until the last moments of the play. That's a sign of good
writing and admirable directing."

West Side Leader

"Holly Humes is glamorous as wife Laura Warwick, who would seem to have good
reason for killing Richard . Scott Shriner keeps the action moving nicely as
stranger Michael Starkwedder . Rob Branch creates an Inspector Thomas
confident of his efficiency, and Geoffrey Darling has some funny fumbling
moments as his sidekick, Sergeant Cadwallader.

The most humor, though, comes from Benjamin Fortin, who runs around outside
with a pistol like a boy possessed as Richard's mentally deficient half
brother, Ian."

Akron Beacon Journal

Showing two more weekends at Coach House Theatre...get your tickets now
'cause they're going fast! 330-434-7741