[NEohioPAL] Learn the Story Behind the Musical in "The Making of . 'My Fair Lady'" at LCCC's Stocker Arts Center

Kimberly Carrasquillo kcarrasq at lorainccc.edu
Thu Feb 17 06:58:51 PST 2011

Learn the Story Behind the Musical in "The Making of ... 'My Fair Lady'"
at LCCC's Stocker Arts Center

It may be one of the most famous musicals of all time, but it wasn't
created without a lot of drama. Get the story behind the story in "The
Making of ... 'My Fair Lady'" at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 19 at Lorain
County Community College's Stocker Arts Center.

Tickets are $15 for adults; $10 for students with a valid ID; and $10
for children 12 and under. Tickets can be ordered online at
www.lorainccc.edu/stocker, or by calling the Stocker Arts Center box
office at (440) 366-4040 or (800) 995-5222 extension 4040 from 12-6
p.m., Monday through Friday. Tickets are also available at the box
office, located in the lobby of the Stocker Arts Center.

Radio personality Bill Rudman and pianist Nancy Maier will tell the
fascinating, crisis-laden story behind the making of the legendary
Broadway musical. The production will include revelations such as: four
songwriters tried and failed to create the perfect score; the
21-year-old Julie Andrews didn't have a clue about playing Eliza; and
actor Rex Harrison was an arrogant bully. The great "My Fair Lady"
songs, by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe, will be performed by some
of northeast Ohio's finest performers, including Joan Ellison, Jared
Leal, Fabio Polanco and George Roth.

For more information on "The Making of ... 'My Fair Lady'" and other
shows at LCCC's Stocker Arts Center, visit www.lorainccc.edu/stocker.

Kim Carrasquillo

Writer

Marketing and Outreach