[NEohioPAL] Kent Stage: John Jorgenson Quintet & Adam Cord: Sun 2/20

Janelle janelle at squarepegpromotions.com
Sat Feb 19 17:43:39 PST 2011

Jonesin' for a place to enjoy quality, live music Sunday evening? JOIN US at
the Kent Stage <http://www.kentstage.org/>  at 8pm to catch fingerstyle
guitartist Adam Cord providing opening support for the John Jorgenson
Quintet!

In Adam's words: "John Jorgensen may not be a household name like Eric
Clapton or the like, but he should be.  He is a heavyweight guitarist who
has carved out a unique niche as an amazing country guitarist while
simultaneously tearing up the world as one of the premier experts of what is
known as "gypsy jazz" in the tradition of the great Django Reinhardt.  I
have admired Jorgensen's playing since his days in the 1980s with the Desert
Rose Band through his tenure in the guitar supergroup, the Hellecasters.  As
I type this, I am looking on my shelf of videos at an instructional tape by
Jorgensen that contains some of the most blazing picking you'll ever hear.
The John Jorgensen Quintet specializes in the aforementioned gypsy jazz and
they are coming to the Kent Stage, which has invited me to open the show.
It is a huge honor for me to open for a guy like this, and I can't wait.
Check out www.kentstage.org for more information on the venue, and
www.johnjorgensen.com to learn about Jorgensen's work."

Kent Stage is located at 175 East Main Street, Kent, OH  44240  Tickets are
available online at www.kentstage.org or at the door. All ages are welcome.
Doors open one hour before performance time. Free parking is available on
city streets and in the parking lot behind the theatre.

More info, music, and performance dates for Adam can be found at
www.adamcord.com.

See you there!