[NEohioPAL] Sneak peek at the prototype issue of ATROCITY PARADE magazine.

Michael A. Miller msrg-publications at cox.net
Sat Feb 19 21:10:37 PST 2011

Hi,

I've posted 50-to-100-word excerpts of the Atrocity Parade magazine prototype issue on SacramentOfHeresy.WordPress.com, along with a fun fact about each story. There's also a tab above the header with instructions on how to download a free sample or purchase a copy from the Kindle or Nook store, even if you don't have a reader.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Miller, Publisher
Atrocity Parade

***

Here are the excerpts I posted regarding the town where Atrocity parade is set, as well as the nature of the publication:

(1) Aspiring Has-Been Preps For One Last Flight Too Close To The Sun.

Psychological Martyr Ballsily Proclaims "It's okay to not take fiction seriously."

A smouldering loner and überfan of sinister popkultur is offering up unsavory delights for readers who skulk in the crevices between slipstream and bizarro. Executing the most dramatic alchemy ever, this captivating underachiever has fused pulp lit & gutter press, and transmuted those beloved subgenres into Atrocity Parade.

 Atrocity Parade amplifies the sadistic trivia of day-to-day existence. It's the hymnal and prayer book of society's heretics. In its angst-riddled pages, post-goths, thrashing bohos, crumbly artqueens, liberal-arts grad students, and all other phyla of overly-ripe, choleric day-job hostages will find asylum.

Fun Fact: I meant for the piece that this comes from to be my press release. It's too lengthy and textured. Every time I try to "write so a banker would understand", I wind up writing the magazine. So, now, it's part of the magazine.

© T 2011 Michael Alan Miller, Michael A. Miller

(2) Hatchetnap

On Hatchetnap's most glorious day, even the least pessimistic occupant would feel as though he or she were lost in a sewerpipe. To be in Hatchetnap for any reason-to visit (as briefly as possible); to reside (quality of life automatically downgrades to "clinically alive"); or to have any relationship whatsoever with Hatchetnap (e.g., to vanish after being last seen there)-is to seek any vapor of psychological well-being, and clutch it.

Fun Fact: When I decided to self-publish after crashing and burning as a freelancer, I owned my love of fiction, and embraced the likelihood that my writing would appeal to a niche audience versus a broad commercial market. Characters came to me with alarming velocity and I needed someplace for them to live. The skin-peeling horrors of Hatchetnap, loosely based on the geography, culture and character of Lakewood made the most sense. You'll see.

© T 2011 Michael Alan Miller, Michael A. Miller