[NEohioPAL] March news & gigs from Adam Cord, finger-style guitarist

Janelle janelle at squarepegpromotions.com
Tue Mar 1 07:58:41 PST 2011

Hi everyone

Busy, busy, busy.  Thanks to everyone who came out to see my various gigs in
February.  I saw a lot of familiar and friendly faces in my audience.
Here's March:

March 1 - 13:  Palace Theater in Playhouse Square, Cleveland, OH - I will be
performing in the lobby of the Palace Theater before each showing of "Shrek:
The Musical."  You might remember that I used to play for the Palace a lot
years ago and I am glad to be able to get back in the rotation.  Times vary,
so here is the link:
http://www.playhousesquare.org/default.asp?playhousesquare=58
<http://www.playhousesquare.org/default.asp?playhousesquare=58&objId=641>
&objId=641

Monday, March 14:  Stewart Room at the Randall Campus Center, Malone
University in Canton, OH, 7:30pm- I will be appearing as a guest performer
at the recital of Michael Curtis, my friend and fellow guitar instructor at
Malone University.  We will be playing a couple of pieces together.  Michael
and I used to play at a restaurant years ago, so it will be like old times.

Early notice:  I will be playing a benefit concert for a breast cancer
research charity on April 9 at Crossroads Bible Fellowship in Akron.  More
information to come, but mark the date.  This will be a fun night.

In other news, many of you who have know me a long time have probably picked
up on the fact that I am a biiiiiiig fan of guitarist Phil Keaggy.  I have
been playing Phil's stuff for years and he is among the earliest and most
important influences on my playing.  Since I have studied his fingerstyle
guitar music for so long and since I have enjoyed transcribing his music as
much as I have, I have decided to hold a workshop on his music this summer.
"The Fingerstyle Guitar of Phil Keaggy" will be held at Malone University on
June 24 and 25.  I have chosen three of Phil's fingerstyle compositions
("Evensong," "Paka," and "Epilogue"), worked up all-new detailed
transcriptions, and will be teaching them over the course of a couple days.
This will be a lot of fun for any Keaggy fan or fingerstyle guitarist who
wants to dig into some of that kind of music a little deeper.  The cost of
the workshop is $80 and will include all class materials and transcriptions.
There is a new page on my website about it:
http://www.adamcord.com/id20.html   If you play fingerstyle (and I know that
some of you do) or you know some fingerstyle players or Phil Keaggy fans who
want to learn how to play some of his pieces, write me!  Please note that
Phil Keaggy himself will not be teaching or attending, but I did talk with
him about it and he gave his full approval.  Forward this e-mail to any
guitarists that you know or send them to my website.  I think that this can
be a great event that is lots of challenging fun and I want lots of people
there.  There is a page dedicated to the event on Facebook as well, which
contains a video of Phil and I performing together last fall in
Pennsylvania:  https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132571470144207
<https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132571470144207&ref=ts> &ref=ts  If
you do the Facebook thing, check it out.

OK, that's all for now.  Here comes some warm weather, I promise.

Blessings,
AC
www.adamcord.com