[NEohioPAL] See what all the buzz is about!

Jessica Houde houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 14:31:33 PST 2011

Houde School of Acting Classes:

  "I had taken acting  classes before, and felt as though I was never able to
connect with myself emotionally. Everything I did was forced. From fake crying,
to fake anger… I could never push myself to truly feel the emotions I portrayed.
In just five short months at The Houde School of Acting I’ve managed to progress
in my acting more than I thought was possible. Through Jessica Morris’ expert
Meisner instruction, I’ve learned how to “see to the craft of acting, the
reality of doing.” I no longer force emotions and portray false
behavior. Through her Meisner instruction I truly feel my anger, my sorrow,  and
my happiness. Now I’m booming with confidence I didn’t have before with respects
to acting. Because of her instruction, I’ve landed roles I wouldn’t have felt
confident about, and because of her instruction I recently signed with the
Talent Group, Ohio’s premier
Talent Agency. Without a doubt, The Houde School of Acting is a gem for any
actor who desires to take their acting to the next level.
Thank you Jessica!"Sergio Sanchez

"My decision to study at the Houde School has been one of my best. I look
forward to every class not only because of the great environment and the people
I study with, but also because I know I will find a way to improve night in and
night out. Jessica's ability to pinpoint both the positive and the negative in
her students' work is both informative and encouraging, and if a student puts in
the effort, it is very difficult not to continually grow. Her instruction has
helped me to better understand not just the art of acting, but myself as a
person. On a professional level, the Houde School has prepared me to sign with
the Talent Group, and I am confident that with continued training and hard work,
I will soon begin adding paid credits to my resume. I highly recommend this
school to anyone looking for a chance to improve as an artist, make new friends,
and do something fun." Vince Orlandi

"Ever since starting classes at the Houde School of Acting, I have gained a few
really good friends and industry contacts, enhanced my public speaking ability,
am able to express myself much better and am represented by a well-known local
agency through which I have obtained rewarding acting jobs; not bad for a very
affordable and convenient acting school run by a highly competent and connected
acting teacher".     ----Paul. signed with the Talent Group after a few months
at houde school

"When I started the Houde School of Acting I thought acting was just memorizing
lines, but then Jessica showed me there was more to it.  She showed me that
acting is having fun, being creative, and adding behavior.  Also I want to say
that I love the Houde School and that Jessica is a great teacher.  She has also
taught me that acting is something i wanna keep doing for the rest of my life.
Julie Suslik, teen student, recently signed with the Talent Group after a
few months with the houde school

The Houde School of Acting has become a second home for me.  Jessica has done so
much for me I can not thank her enough.  Not only has her teaching given me the
tools I need to become a great actress, but also to become a success in any
field I pursue.  This class has helped me find myself.  I have gained so much
confidence, and, friends.  I have learned to take risks and make strong choices,
not only in my acting, but my life.  Anyone thinking of joining this class, be
warned it is life changing!  In summary, I love this class, the people in it,
and, most importantly my awesome acting coach, Jessica.

 Sarah M. Yonkof,  Houde School of Acting student
 We know how anything good concerning acting means personally to "the actor".
Now for the "testy". I told myself I wouldn't make the move to NY unless I
honestly felt I had something to offer. After a year with Jessica she allowed me
to honestly feel I had just that, be helping reveal my "honesty" and "truth".
What Jessica is offering to "the actor" in Cleveland, is simply gold, but
doesn't cost near as much. A blessing, it might actually help save you, in so
many ways; it did for me. I have recently made the move to NY, and the mirror
image of what you get out here Jessica gives you in Cleveland for a third of the
cost. I recently audited the "Ted Bardy Studio" (Meisner based) here in NY and
was allowed to participate in "repetition". The feed back I received from
the instructor confirmed Jessica's prestige. I was told, "you are right on, yup,
yup, you are the best student I have ever seen here coming from another school,
you had a 'great' teacher."
Channing Jackson

"hey Jessica. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed class, and i am thrilled that
you were able to identify my fatal flaw right away and nail it so perfectly. I
have been struggling with that for years and it's SO frustrating. I feel like if
I can finally fix it I can really reach all of my potential. I'm so excited to
work on it. Thank you!" Sarah Edwards

 Adult Class Schedule
Mon 7-9:30pm Meisner
Tue 7:30-9:30pm adv Meisner
Wed 7-9:30pm (audition technique class)
Thur 7-9:30pm
Sat 11-1pm

Pre-teen class
Mon 4:30-6pm
Sat 2:30-4pm
Sat 4-5:30pm adv class

Our adult Meisner Acting classis based on the Meisner technique of "living
truthfully under imaginary circumstances."  Students go through a series of
improv exercises that are designed to teach them how to work off their partner,
stay in the moment and out of their head.  Along with Meisner's improv
exercises, students work on monologues, audition technique and emotional
preparation to expand their craft.  This class is opened to beginner to advanced
student as we find combining all actors in one class offers confidence,
inspiration and a good way for students to share their take on the Meisner
technique and the Cleveland acting scene.

Houde School of Acting offers your first class FREE.
To register please contact:
www.houdeschoolofacting.org

houdeschoolofacting at yahoo.com