[NEohioPAL] What does NYC actress Kelly Pekar have to say about FPAC?

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at fairmountcenter.org
Wed Mar 9 12:16:12 PST 2011

*Kelly Pekar*, an original alum of FPAC from our first year in 2004, wrote
to me today to tell me what she has been up to...

She told me that *"FPAC contributed immensely to my "actor toolbox," and
continues to serve me as I brave the audition room day after day!"*

Back in 2004, shortly after she started college (she ended up transferring),
Kelly wrote this letter ...

*"This past summer at Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory was a wonderful
experience and I thank you so much! Now that I have been in college for a
semester, I am realizing just how valuable the acting training was at FPAC.
I am finding that the program has prepared me more for a career in theatre
than many of my college classes have. FPAC took time to critique each
individual student in a supportive, nurturing environment. My college
program has neglected to teach many of the character development concepts
and the idea of "behaving truthfully and naturally" as opposed to "acting."
I feel so honored to have gotten the opportunity to work with numerous area
professionals last summer, as opposed to the same one or two teachers that
are common in the college setting. Looking back, I know I really would have
missed out had I not participated in FPAC last summer, and I certainly
wouldn't be where I am now in terms of my acting capabilities. I think that
FPAC is certainly valuable for any college student who wishes to pursue a
career in theatre."*

*Here is what Kelly is up to now ...*
Following graduation from Wright State University's BFA Acting/Musical
Theatre program, Kelly enjoyed an exciting year at the Cincinnati Playhouse
in the Park, working with Tony Award winning director John Doyle on *Three
Sisters*, playing Roxanne in a touring production of *Cyrano*, covering
Louisa in *The Fantasticks*, and workshopping a number of exciting new
works. After moving to NYC in August, Kelly began singing for the U.S. tour
of *Cirque Dreams Holidaze, *in November. Currently, Kelly is working
on several voiceover projects, which include dubbing the voice of Susan (an
uncoordinated but passionate young volleyball player) for the upcoming pilot
of* Spike Team*, working as a teaching artist for* Acting Out*, and *Applause
NYC*, and performing at various character parties/events including a recent
favorite gig - appearing as Dorothy at FAO Schwartz.

*Click here for information about FPAC Summer
Programs<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/FPACsummer/>
*
*
*
*
*
--
Fred Sternfeld
Artistic Director, Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory (FPAC)

http://www.fairmountcenter.org/popups/fredsternfeld.html