[NEohioPAL] Need scoring person for our film

DVangaasbe at aol.com DVangaasbe at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 15:15:57 PST 2011

It appears to me after reading the particular request and the subsequent
statements that I can see the original person's shock and displeasure with
the  community.  He placed an ad for a person who would score the film for
free.  He did not ask for advice or demand a particular person in the
community to do it for fee.  I read it and since I do not score, I did not
respond.  However, many people did respond and it was quite a negative  reaction.
People, this person was asking for a person who would be willing  to do it
for free.  He did not ask you to do it for free.  Some of the  comments were
rather interesting and I could see why he wrote the statement  about
"togetherness".  I have read several requests on the site over the  years where
someone is asking for a freebie.  I have sent those requests to  some of the
actors and actresses who are looking for an opportunity to get their  foot in
the door.  I do not see what the problem is.  He was up front  about it.  If
no one responds to the request, then he learns.  To  voice an opinion that
borders on ridicule, maybe you should read the request  again.  It would be
entirely different if he offered sums of money and  refused to pay after you
had worked hard on the score.

Good luck to the young man for trying something that may not work.
However, it is not grounds for such negativity and ridicule.