[NEohioPAL] scoring person needed

Brian Del Bianco ilbasso at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 08:01:24 PST 2011

> Go easy on the poor guy....he's a messanger for the director and he specified what they needed....everyone needs to get their start somewhere and may not be able to afford a big budget composer...if you have a problem with the job, don't apply for it. But someone else who wants the challenge and the experience may be willing to do it.

This is absolutley true and is probably even worse than the actual request.  I have seen more request for volunteer musicians or actors on here than paid ones.  Since the shows go on, it can only be assumed that there are those willing to do the job for nothing which makes it incredibly difficult to try to hack out a living as a freelancer.  When I moved here, I was dumbfounded at the rates that regional theaters are paying in this area but they will not be getting any better as long as people are willing to show up and do the job for less than the price of a single ticket to view the show (myself included on occasion).