[NEohioPAL] need help scoring our film

Brian Del Bianco ilbasso at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:44:19 PST 2011

I hope that you won't reject offers and suggestions made just because of the unpopularity of the request.   If somebody does come forward to help, I do hope that you would keep the best interest of the project in mind and not automatically dismiss it.

Not meaning to sound difficult, but in a way the response did represent a sort of "togetherness" in the community.  Just because the group banded together in a way that went against how you were hoping should not be reason to be ashamed of everybody.  I'm guessing that your gratitude towards the positive feedback and advice is only extended to those that did not have anything negative to say, but positive feedback comes in many forms and isn't always easy to digest.  I hope that you are able to sift through the responses and pick out some useful things for the future-even if the responses are a bit stern.

I'd say the biggest lesson from this would be to allow a bit more than a month of notice for something of this magnitude.  The responses about those of us that can't make a living doing whatever art form we'd prefer means that we're scraping together to make ends meet by other means...which means that free time is often hard to come by.  Often we dwell in fields where advance notice is critical for scheduling all of the other small projects that are needed to keep the lights on and it is unrealistic to take on something like this with such short notice.

The lack of payment is also not going to be popular.  Having people not take seriously the fact that what you do is more than just sitting around "playing" can wear a person down so maybe the reactions were more strident than you'd deem appropriate.  It is a job for many of us and the banks that own my student loans from music schools are fairly insistant that they receive money regularly.

i recently made a post for help in scoring our film. i understand and agree with everyones response however i was ashamed and the negativity of our supposed "togetherness" in this NE ohio community and because of that i am not interested in anyones help or advice for this request. for all the positive feedback and advice i THANK YOU SO MUCH!. consider my request for help deleted.
______________________________________ NEohioPAL is SELF-SERVE. If you need to unsubscribe, change from digest to one-at-a-time delivery or vice-versa, go on hiatus while out of town, switch from mime to plain text or vice-versa, etc. check out the FAQS at http://www.fredsternfeld.com. ______________________________________ Please consider a voluntary contribution to support Neohiopal - http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm#support ______________________________________ Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the person in the 'from' or 'reply-to' header. The fact that this message is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by the administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due diligence for all goods, services and activities promoted on NEohioPAL. ________________________________________ NEohioPAL mailing list NEohioPAL at lists.neohiopal.org http://lists.neohiopal.org/listinfo.cgi/neohiopal-neohiopal.org