[NEohioPAL] “13 Most Beautiful…” Songs for Andy Warhol’s Screen Tests with music by Dean & Britta – Wednesday March 23 @ The Cleveland Museum of Art

CMA Performing Arts perform at clevelandart.org
Tue Mar 22 10:37:35 PDT 2011

“Only in the Screen Tests” does Andy Warhol on film achieve the ethereal beauty of his best paintings.” Guardian

The Cleveland Museum of Art presents the band Dean & Britta performing an evening of songs set to Andy Warhol’s Screen Tests on Wednesday, March 23 at 7:30 PM

The legendary Screen Tests were silent, single-camera, four-minute film portraits of various Factory studio stars, friends, socialites, and hangers-on shot in the narcotized and delirious mid ‘60s. In a groundbreaking project, the Warhol Museum went into its archives to revisit their collection of nearly 500 Screen Tests, and Dean Wareham, of the influential bands Galaxie 500 and Luna, was invited to select from this cache and create music for each short film. The result is “13 Most Beautiful…,” an evening of songs set to Warhol’s hypnotic black and white films featuring Wareham’s current critically acclaimed band, Dean & Britta.

For ticket and artist information, including pricing and audio/visual samples, visit www.clevelandart.org<http://www.clevelandart.org/>.
Follow “events” at the top of the page to ‘music and performances’

Special pricing for students! Take advantage of our “Pay What You Can” program!

To reserve tickets, call 1.888.CMA.0033 or 216.421.7350.

We look forward to seeing you at the performance.

Department of Performing Arts, Music and Film
The Cleveland Museum of Art
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
216.707.2282