[NEohioPAL] Reminder: Help fund Without Words!

Elizabeth Pollert epollert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 11:39:58 PDT 2011

9 Days Left! We're 81% Funded, Help us achieve our goal! That's right
friends!  *We've only got 9 days left* on Kickstarter to raise the rest of
our $7500 goal.  We could use your help to keep spreading the word and
reminding your friends.http://www.kickstarter.com/pro
jects/7174402/without-wordsmoving-against-the-sex-trade
Please click here<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/7174402/without-wordsmoving-against-the-sex-trade?ref=live>
check out our status on Kickstarter.

*Without Words…Moving Against the Sex Trade* represents the collective,
creative response of many lives to what is one of the greatest human and
moral perils of our time: the global sex trade.

Burdened to channel their craft and energies for the sake of the estimated
400,000 to 1.75 million sex slaves,[1] Cleveland-based artists Mackenzie
Clevenger and Mikaela Clark initiated the project in November, 2009 after
being awarded an artists’ fellowship[2] by a local nonprofit arts advocacy
organization.[3] With the door open to even consider a production on the
scale of Without Words, Clevenger and Clark began a personal investigation
of the global sex trade.

This investigation led them as far away as Southeast Asia—a region notorious
for sex tourism—and as close to home as their own backyard—the city of
Cleveland, like all the United States, being not at all exempt from
participation in the global sex trade. These experiences, considered against
the backdrop of existing data and processed in the context of vibrant
artistic and spiritual community, have helped shape the thematic framework
of *Without Words*.

The problem is overwhelming, yet the public's awareness is low.  This is
where *Without Words* comes in.  We desire to create impactful art that
informs and inspires others to take action.  Creating this art is a giant
undertaking - personally and financially. This is where you come in.  Please
give your financial support.  Your gift allows us to develop and perform
this work at a level of professionalism that this cause deserves.  Meaningful
art is not cheap, but when done with excellence and humility, it can give a
voice to those that have none.  Please give today to Without Words.

Any and all donations are most gratefully received. We trust that both the
quality and content of this performance will stir hearts and capture
imaginations.

If you are compelled to donate, visit our Kickstarter page at:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/7174402/without-wordsmoving-against-the-sex-trade.
This website serves as a fundraising source for creative projects, and
here's how it works: The artists have a goal to raise $7,500 in 45
days. *Without
Words* must meet their goal within the 45 days (ending on April 1, 2011) or
they will not receive any of the money. They can, however, exceed their
goal!!!

Follow these three simple steps:

1. Please forward this to your friends and social networks.

2.  Beginning RIGHT NOW (Feb. 15), Click here: Support Without Words

3. Click on *"Back this Project"* and follow the simple steps.  Yes, we even
take $1 donations!

Also, if you cannot financially support us, we covet your prayers and your
assistance in sharing this with your network.  Thank you all for not only
supporting us, but fighting against slavery.

Mackenzie&Mikalea

withoutwordsmovement.com