[NEohioPAL] For the People's Sake

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Mon Mar 28 08:46:41 PDT 2011

Find out why Heads Up Productions is producing what people have come
to call "The Gay Jesus" Play.  (And find out why it's not actually
about "gay" Jesus.)

This is the 5th post in a series from the company about why we're
tackling the sensitive subjects of homosexuality and religion in one
play.  Check back weekly for more updates.

"For the People's Sake" is written by Corpus Christi Ensemble Member
Christopher Laney.

One may ask why I am doing Corpus Christi.  The answer is simple– I
was asked.

However, that is only one reason as I am not oblivious to the obvious
motivation for why a show like this was written. I have read and
listened to a lot of political shit that is setting a false dichotomy
for many youths, both Gay and Christian.  Being an outsider in both
categories (in the sense that the latter- Christianity- is a former),
the same views are not limited to politics but are articulated in
churches around the country.

Continue Reading at www.headsupproductions.net

Corpus Christi runs April 21-23 at 7 pm in the Sanctuary of First
Grace United Church of Christ.  Tickets are $5 and reservations can be
made on the Corpus Christi page of www.headsupproductions.net