[NEohioPAL] Interested in Innovative and Dynamic Theatre?

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Mon Mar 28 10:11:27 PDT 2011

Heads Up Productions—Akron’s boldest theatre company—will unlock its
doors to the arts community of Northeast Ohio by holding an open
rehearsal on April 6 from 8 pm – 11 pm.  It is free to attend, but
does require a reservation by contacting info at headsupproductions.net

The company will be in the midst of rehearsals for its current
project, Corpus Christi.  Corpus Christi is a contemporary retelling
of the Christian gospels.  It portrays Joshua, a Jesus-like figure,
and his Disciples living in modern-day Texas.  The play asks the
questions: What are “Christian” values?  Do those values fit inside
our context?  How do we live a Christian life in modern society?  What
are our personal hang-ups when encountered with Christianity or
homosexuality?  Corpus Christi faces controversy everywhere it is
performed because it dares to blend homosexuality into the Christian
tradition.  The show runs April 21-23 at First Grace United Church of
Christ.  Tickets are $5.

Heads Up Productions is unique to the Akron-area because of its
dedication to training theatre artists, its actor-centered approach to
rehearsal and the methodology used to create its performances.

Guests for the evening will experience Heads Up training and rehearsal
practices with an opportunity to ask questions after the rehearsal.
This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in the production
of Corpus Christi or working with Heads Up.

For more information call 330.990.5138.  To reserve your place at the
open rehearsal please write to info at headsupproductions.net

Heads Up Productions is Akron’s newest and boldest theatre company,
originating from the minds of university students. Our mission is to
engage the Akron community in dialogues about diversity and social
issues through dynamic live performances.  Donate to Head Up
Productions at www.headsupproductions.net/donate

www.headsupproductions.net