[NEohioPAL] Canal Fulton Players- Auditions for the Sound of Music April 4-5

DVangaasbe at aol.com DVangaasbe at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 13:26:29 PDT 2011

A year ago the Canal Fulton  Players pushed themselves to the limits to
bring the musical “ANNIE” to life on  our stage. This year, we have done it
again by taking on one of greatest and  most well known stories in movie and
musical theatre history, “THE SOUND OF  MUSIC”!!! No small feat for such a
young theatre, but with the support of our  audiences and fans, a production
such as this is the perfect challenge for us,  and we aim to deliver a
performance worthy of their  patronage.

We have a  director (Matt King), producer (David Van Gaasbeek), stage
manager (David Van  Gaasbeek), musical director (Jackie Piatt), choreographer
(Brandy Foutty), crew,  musicians, and techs but NO CAST!!!

Fortunately, that is where you come in! Open auditions will be held on
April 4th & 5th, 7-9p.m. call backs (if necessary) on the 6th and castings
will be done on the 7th with the first rehearsal starting on the 11th! We are
inviting all of you and anyone you know who might be interested to come on
out  and try for a part! All are welcome, from those gunning for a lead, to
those who  just want to be a part of the ensemble!   The site of the
auditions is  the Canal Fulton United Methodist Church, 363 West Cherry Street,
Canal Fulton,  Ohio 44614.  West Cherry Street is part of State Route  93.

Those who  are interested will be asked to sing a song that shows off their
vocal strengths  and range. Auditioners will have the option of performing
with a pianist or CD;  words do not need to be memorized. Also, there will
be a reading from excerpts  of the script for both individual and group
scenes where the director will  assign various parts to view the actors ability,
range, and chemistry with other  performers.

The cast  list is rather vast so there is ample opportunity to get the part
you want! We  are anticipating an intense competition for the covetous role
of Maria, so to  all the leading ladies out there, be sure to bring your “A”
 game! No experience  needed, and the only factors that might hinder those
qualified from being cast  in their desired role would conflicts with the
rehearsal schedule (only a 45 day  schedule: equivalent to a month & a half)
or obviously performance dates,  which are June 23rd-26th.

Cast List for Sound of Music
1. Maria Rainer  female soprano 21 – 32 lead
2. Captain Georg von Trapp male baritone 40 – 60  lead
3. Mother Abbess female soprano 40 – 70 supporting
4. Liesl female  mezzo 15 – 18 supporting
5. Gretl female mezzo 4 – 7 supporting
6. Marta  female mezzo 6 – 9 supporting
7. Brigitta female 8 – 10 supporting
8.  Kurt male soprano 8 – 12 supporting
9. Louisa female mezzo 12 – 14  supporting
10. Rolf Gruber male baritone 16 – 20 supporting
11. Max  Detweiler male baritone 30 – 55 supporting
12. Elsa Schraeder female alto 30  – 40 supporting
13. Friedrich male soprano 13 – 15 supporting
14. Sister  Berthe female mezzo 40 – 70 cameo
15. Sister Sophia female mezzo 30 – 55  cameo
16. Sister Margaretta female mezzo 40 – 65 cameo
17. Herr Zeller  male 16 – 22 cameo
18. Admiral von Shreiber male 40 – 60 cameo
19. Franz  male spoken 30 – 60 cameo
20. Frau Schmidt female spoken 30 – 45
Chorus:  Nuns, Nazis, neighbors, and friends of Captain von Trapp N/A 16 –
99  chorus

For  further information, please call David Van Gaasbeek at 330-494-1022 or
 330-854-4387.