[NEohioPAL] VALPARAISO - Just 2 more weekends!

convergence-continuum csimon at convergence-continuum.org
Tue Apr 5 08:42:18 PDT 2011

ONLY 2 MORE WEEKENDS TO SEE 'VALPARAISO' AT CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM

"intriguing and intellectually challenging play" with "a first-rate cast
and production."  It's "edgy, provocative theater that made me laugh and
think apace."  --Fran Heller, Cleveland Jewish News.

To read the full review click on:
http://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/articles/2011/03/25/arts/performance/doc4d8b58575b7f1575269226.txt

Why is it that we seem to be obsessed with people who do stupid, outrageous
or awful things, and turn them into media sensations?  That's what we're
taking a wickedly comic and dark look at with VALPARAISO by Don DeLillo,
now on stage at convergence-continuum.

Michael Majeski's routine business trip to Valparaiso, Indiana, through a
succession of blunders, ends up taking him to Valparaiso, Chile, leading
to a series of intense and often surreal press, radio and TV news
interviews. We follow Majeski as he tries to establish an identity, moving
from being a humorous media curiosity to a national media celebrity, until
he reaches the big-time: the tell-all daytime talk show!  Here nothing
remains unseen, and personal secrets, no matter how intimate or
outrageous, are fair game.

Valparaiso runs Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 pm through Apr. 16
at the Liminis, 2438 Scranton Rd., Cleveland, OH 44113 in the historic
Tremont neighborhood.  Tickets are $15 general admission, $12 for seniors
(65+) and $10 for students.
Reservations and information are available at 216-687-0074 and
http://www.convergence-continuum.org.