[NEohioPAL] Corpus Christi Featured on Oberlin Radio

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Mon Apr 11 15:15:17 PDT 2011

Heads Up Productions Artistic Director and Amy Spencer, who is playing
Joshua in Corpus Christi will be featured on Oberlin Radio Tuesday,
April 12 from 1-2.  It's streaming live at www.wobc.org

The show is hosted by Rob Branch, who is also an ensemble member in
Corpus Christi.

If you have any questions about the show or support Heads Up
Productions, make sure you check it out.  You'll definitely be in for
some interesting listening.

Some information regarding Corpus Christi:
(March 16, 2011… For Immediate Release) First Grace United Church of
Christ is hosting Heads Up Productions’ version of Corpus Christi by
Terrance McNally.  Performances will be at the First Grace United
Church of Christ located at 350 South Portage Path in Akron, OH.
Performance dates are Thursday, April 21 through Saturday, April 23 at
7 pm.  Tickets are available for $5 at the door.  Reservations can be
made by calling 330.990.5138 or by visiting the Corpus Christi page at www.headsupproductions.net/corpus-christi

Immediately following the performances of Corpus Christi, First Grace
will hold a post-show worship service to commemorate Holy Week.
Patrons are invited but not required to attend services.

Corpus Christi is a contemporary retelling of the Christian gospels.
It portrays Joshua, a Jesus-like figure, and his Disciples living in
modern-day Texas.  The play asks the questions: What are “Christian”
values?  Do those values fit inside our context?  How do we live a
Christian life in modern society?  What are our personal hang-ups when
encountered with Christianity or homosexuality?  Corpus Christi faces
controversy everywhere it is performed because it dares to blend
homosexuality into the Christian traditions.

Heads Up is beginning the process of building the bridge between
homosexuality and Christianity before the performances.  We are
featuring articles on www.headsupproductions.net, written by company
members, about our reasons for performing Corpus Christi.  We are also
holding story circles within the community to help facilitate this
conversation.  Story Circles will be held at First Grace United Church
of Christ, Cascade Community Church, and Community Aids Network and
Akron Pride Initiative (CANAPI).

The Ensemble Includes:

Rob Branch from Elyria, OH
John Burton from Akron, OH
Robyn Cooper from Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Tyler Hodges from Ashland, OH
Brian Jackson from Akron, OH
TJ Jozsa from Stow, OH
Erika Kinney from Cleveland, OH
Joel Kirk from San Francisco, OH
Chris Laney from Massillon, OH
Margaret Lute from Akron, OH
Nici Romo from Stow, OH
Amy Spencer from Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Kim Woodworth from Aurora, OH

Director: Benjamin Rexroad, Artistic Director of Heads Up, from Akron,
OH
Stage Manager: Lane Smerglia from Akron, OH

Heads Up Productions is Akron’s newest and boldest theatre company,
originating from the minds of university students. Our mission is to
engage the Akron community in dialogues about diversity and social
issues through dynamic live performances.  Donate to Head Up
Productions at www.headsupproductions.net/donate

This is our seventh production.

**End**