[NEohioPAL] Valparaiso final wkend!

convergence-continuum csimon at convergence-continuum.org
Tue Apr 12 09:31:46 PDT 2011

FINAL THREE PERFORMANCES THIS THU, FRI AND SAT OF VALPARAISO,
DON DELILLO'S WICKEDLY FUNNY AND DARK TAKE ON OUR OBSESSION WITH CELEBRITY.

"intriguing and intellectually challenging play" with "a first-rate cast
and production."  It's "edgy, provocative theater that made me laugh and
think apace."  --Fran Heller, Cleveland Jewish News.

Why is it that we seem to be obsessed with people who do stupid, outrageous
or awful things, and turn them into media sensations?  That's what we're
taking a wickedly comic and dark look at with VALPARAISO by Don DeLillo,
now on stage at convergence-continuum.

Michael Majeski's routine business trip to Valparaiso, Indiana, through a
succession of blunders, ends up taking him to Valparaiso, Chile, leading
to a series of intense and often surreal press, radio and TV news
interviews. We follow Majeski as he tries to establish an identity, moving
from being a humorous media curiosity to a national media celebrity, until
he reaches the big-time: the tell-all daytime talk show!  Here nothing
remains unseen, and personal secrets, no matter how intimate or
outrageous, are fair game.

Valparaiso has its final performances this Thursday, Friday and Saturday
at 8 pm at the Liminis, 2438 Scranton Rd., Cleveland, OH 44113 in the
historic
Tremont neighborhood.  Tickets are $15 general admission, $12 for seniors
(65+) and $10 for students.
Reservations and information are available at 216-687-0074 and
http://www.convergence-continuum.org.