[NEohioPAL] PAID GIG: Looking for a male voice talent ASAP. Submit audio auditions via email.

el audition elaudition at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:28:45 PDT 2011

THE PROJECT:

A fictional account of a disturbed, but bright graduating high school senior
who found a love of movie-making, which he pursued to escape the torments of
his fellow school classmates.  After receiving accolades and recognition for
his work, he was invited to give a 5-minute public speaking in front of a
vast audience to discuss his work from his own creative reality.

LOOKING FOR:

A male speaking voice that can pass as a high school senior.  Voice should
be sincere, poised, animated and effective for such a speaking occasion.

TO AUDITION:  (via email submission.  DEADLINE: Saturday, April 22rd.)

1.) in decent quality, record yourself reading the audition script below,

2.) save the recording as a playable audio file (preferably .WAV or .MP3)

3.) email the audio file as an attachment to: elaudition at gmail.com.  (Make
sure to include your name and a contact phone number.)

All audios will be listened to, and the selected person will be contacted
via phone to make arrangements for meeting.

PROCESS:

We will meet at a local place in Chagrin Falls (to be reserved.)  You will
be given a script of the speech, (which is about 3-5 minutes in duration.)
We'll rehearse and record you reading the speech using a Macbook Pro and
"Garage Band."  Multiple takes until satisfactory.  Should take less than 60
minutes to complete the final recording.  Your name will NOT be credited for
this project, but you will be compensated $40.

AUDITION SCRIPT:

"Dear Parents, Teachers and Friends…  It is with great pleasure to stand
before you today, in recognition of my movie-making efforts, and the
opportunity to speak to you tonight.  It has been quite an interesting
journey, beginning five years ago, when Albany school taught us how to be
the best we could be in every way, and in everything we do.  Included with
these teachings were learning to develop individual creativity, and most
importantly, how to express it.  Without expressing, creativity wouldn't
mean anything to ourselves and probably unattractive to others.  Their
teaching efforts led to the first step, which is talent.  The second step
was finding what our strengths are, and applying our creativity to it.  For
me, my strength is movie making."