[NEohioPAL] The Reigning Regents of Rumba: Los Muñequitos de Matanzas – Wednesday, April 27 @ The Cleveland Museum of Art

CMA Performing Arts perform at clevelandart.org
Wed Apr 20 08:55:14 PDT 2011

Hailed by the media as the “reigning regents of rumba,” “the essence of Cuba’s musical soul,” and “truly keepers of a sacred flame,” Los Muñequitos de Matanzas are the undisputed masters of Afro-Cuban ritual music. Founded in 1952, the group is a veritable orchestra of rhythms. Three generations of dancer/singers of an extended family of musicians and dancers, the ensemble remains a seminal force in the development of Afro-Cuban dance, song, and percussion. Matanzas is the most vital African city in the Western Hemisphere, and the music of Los Muñequitos de Matanzas keeps alive 500 years of the vibrant culture of the African diaspora intrinsic to Cuba’s living legacy.

For ticket and artist information, including pricing and audio/visual samples, visit www.clevelandart.org<http://www.clevelandart.org/>.
Follow “events” at the top of the page to ‘music and performances’

Special pricing for students! Take advantage of our “Pay What You Can” program!

To reserve tickets, call 1.888.CMA.0033 or 216.421.7350.

We look forward to seeing you at the performance.

Department of Performing Arts, Music and Film
The Cleveland Museum of Art
11150 East Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
216.421.2282