[NEohioPAL] Free Music at the Beachwood Library- A Fine Romance

Margaret Reardon margaretreardon at netzero.net
Mon May 2 07:54:37 PDT 2011

 The Beachwood Branch of Cuyahoga County Public Library
25501 Shaker Blvd
presents  A Fine Romance: Jewish Songwriters, American Songs

Sunday June 19th
2:00 pm  Singers Joan Ellison & Mark Flanders, with pianist Jason Aquila, bring you a companion concert to David Lehmans’s book of the same name, highlighting our greatest American popular songs: "Over the Rainbow," "Let’s Face the Music and Dance," " Oh, What a Beautiful Morning"
"I Could Have Danced All Night," "Love Is Here to Stay," and more.  Between them, Flanders & Ellison (www.circa1939.com) have presented songs from this golden age at historic Cleveland venues including Nighttown, Stages @ the Cleveland Play House, the Palace Theatre, the Ohio Theatre, and with the Cleveland Pops at Severance Hall.   "Ellison caresses ballads with silvery poignancy, nabs the wit in comedy numbers, and emits a belt that Ethel Merman would admire.  The ghost of Astaire happens to be present in the vocal grace and friendly appeal of Flanders."  ~Donald Rosenberg, Plain Dealer. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
Free tickets required for admission and are available at the Library
or by calling 216-831-6868