[NEohioPAL] North Canton PLayhouse Opens this weekend

North Canton Playhouse ncplayhouse at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 2 11:04:11 PDT 2011

 The North Canton Playhouse Presents:

 OPENING This Weekend  SAT. MAY 7th:

        " Dearly Departed" directed by Mary McManaway,  is a comedy dinner
theatre that will be at The Fieldcrest of North Canton  Sat. May 7th at 6pm and
Sun. May    8th at 5pm.Yep thats Mom's day!!!  Bring Mom out for Mothers Day and
treat her to some laughs and a delicious dinner buffet!!   Along with Ted
Paynter, Ginger Dougan, Marci Sailing and lots more of your theatre
friends!!     For reservations for this show please call 330-966-2222.
     THE    STORY: In the Baptist backwoods of the Bible Belt, the beleaguered
Turpin    family proves that living and dying in the South are seldom tidy and
always    hilarious. Despite their earnest efforts to pull themselves together
for their    father's funeral, the Turpin's other problems keep overshadowing
the solemn    occasion: Firstborn Ray-Bud drinks himself silly as the funeral
bills mount;    Junior, the younger son, is juggling financial ruin, a pack of
no-neck monster    kids, and a wife who suspects him of infidelity in the family
car; their    spinster sister, Delightful, copes with death as she does life, by
devouring    junk food; and all the neighbors add more than two cents. As the
situation    becomes fraught with mishap, Ray-Bud says to his long-suffering
wife, "When I    die, don't tell nobody. Just bury me in the backyard and tell
everybody I left    you." Amidst the chaos, the Turpins turn for comfort to
their friends and    neighbors, an eccentric community of misfits who just
manage to pull together    and help each other through their hours of need, and
finally, the funeral.

Delorna Toy
Office Administrator
North Canton Playhouse