[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Critics Not Reviewing College Theatre Productions

Stephen Covey freedom.land at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 06:46:30 PDT 2011

This issue about not reviewing college theatre productions was discussed a while ago on the list, and coincidently, it was prompted by another wonderful Tri-C East production of Taking Sides, which was magnificently directed by Brian Zoldessy, and acted supremely by 6 fantastic AEA performers.  Almost every performance was sold out, due to word of mouth.

After searching through the archives, I noticed that many Cleveland critics had reviewed productions at Baldwin-Wallace, CSU, Lakeland Community College, and John Carroll.  Check their websites...the reviews are posted.

So Ms. Borland, you might have opened a Pandora's box.  Some reviewers might attend your show, and should you receive a couple of "pans", it might just be out of spite, because of this posting.

I am looking forward to seeing American Buffalo, and look forward to posting my honest opinion of the show.  Best of luck!