[NEohioPAL] Into the Woods @ Near West Theatre opens TOMORROW!

Sara Radak Sradak at nearwesttheatre.org
Thu May 5 10:54:51 PDT 2011

Near West Theatre's production of

Into the Woods

opens this Friday, May 6th!

May 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21 & 22

Thurs. Fri. & Sat. performances @ 7:30 p.m.

Sunday performances @ 3:00 p.m.
(Late arrivals will have to wait to be seated.)

Music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Book by James Lapine
Originally directed on Broadway by James Lapine
Orchestrations by Jonathan Tunick

Tickets:

Adults:$8   Children (12 & under):$6   Star Seat Tickets: $20

 (Star Seat tickets help Near West Theatre keep theatre affordable for all our patrons. Includes a concession coupon!)

Purchase Tickets:

In advance, call Near West Box Office: 216-961-6391

or purchase online at www.nearwesttheatre.org<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=mzwrlkdab&t=5y9hvofab.0.wacsbbeab.mzwrlkdab.907&ts=S0614&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nearwesttheatre.org>

Day of Performances, visit Theatre Box Office one hour before curtain time.

(All tickets must be paid for when placing a reservation and will be held at the door. All sales are final.  Credit card, check and cash accepted.)

Performance Location:

St. Patrick's Club Building

3606 Bridge Ave., 3rd Floor* (Ohio City)
*= Currently, our 3rd floor location is not accessible to individuals
in wheelchairs or those who have difficulty with stairs.

An ambivalent Cinderella? A blood-thirsty Little Red Riding Hood? A Prince Charming with a roving eye? A Witch...who raps? They're all among the cockeyed characters in James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim's fractured fairy tale. When a Baker and his Wife learn they've been cursed with childlessness by the Witch next door, they embark on a quest for the special objects required to break the spell, swindling, lying to and stealing from Cinderella, Little Red, Rapunzel and Jack (the one who climbed the beanstalk). Everyone's wish is finally granted, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later, with disastrous results. What begins as a lively irreverent fantasy becomes a moving lesson about community responsibility and the stories we tell our children.

Into the Woods gets a Near West Theatre twist with staging in-the-round and an expanded company of fairy tale characters (including Snow White's  seven dwarfs, Hansel & Gretl, and Pinnochio). It is sure to be like no production you've seen before!

Check out "The Road Into the Woods" video series by Geoff Short:
Part 1<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=mzwrlkdab&et=1105243720570&s=907&e=001VDHkdtji7P_jqfI7YRbTyPF3UiK9qnDHaGOAFku2P6R85CPI-XsV6UXaLUsR3QVdNFfA22UZO1r3n-eRr5MAOfeFWPA1av9efutwzwLciAjPe-OpiYl1qZ56BGyBUXgP2PW1iH9q08QHFuE-oJTb-QSO8DG7zLF-Hp1FE1ezPxk=> & Part 2: Joe & Jill<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=mzwrlkdab&et=1105243720570&s=907&e=001VDHkdtji7P8iMsdTarkfYOB8LloVZrTiyVvh6kHmz3vPdA-6OiA3-BV49qLZD_kumSM2W_Wt17MFbUDZpC8z3yPKmrd2pP5sKbYnstv7RKtfz-uToWSm5QpYsuxFLhu-ncZs54UKvq1S_Wd_N7poScwf679C-iJ1RJtI0_sFbBw=>