[NEohioPAL] MAD* Factory Summer Camps

The Mad Factory themadfactory2 at oberlin.net
Thu May 5 13:07:55 PDT 2011

THE MAD* FACTORY ANNOUNCES: SUMMER CAMPS 2011!!

MAD* CAMP

Ages 6-12

June 20th-July 8th from 10AM-3:30PM

Tuition: $300 (Includes non-refundable $25 registration fee).

Everybody is welcome to have a fun introduction to acting at MAD* Camp!  Campers will learn movement and blocking, memorize lines, make props and costumes, and make new friends.  Aside from learning a short scripted play, campers also participate in a variety of group activities, which include many creative exercises, games, songs, arts and crafts, a scavenger hunt, and our annual WATER BATLE!  There will be a final performance of our plays on stage at Oberlin High School for family and friends on the last day of camp, July 8th.  We strive to provide an encouraging, positive and non-competitive atmosphere and we welcome all types of curious young actors who are ready to exercise their imaginations!

MUNCHKIN CAMP

Ages 10-12

July 11-22nd from 1-3PM

Evening rehearsals July 18-28

Performances July 29, 30, 31 and August 5, 6, and 7

Tuition: $200

This year for the first time ever we will welcome children ages 10-12 into the cast of our mainstage production, "The Wiz"!  Participants in this camp will meet for an intensive 2 hours a day for 2 weeks, learning the music and dances for the part of the munchkins in "The Wiz."  It will be an exciting first step into what it's like to be in a full length musical and work with beginners and professionals alike.  All performance dates are required.  Please note: Space in this camp is limited to 15 and there is no second class/child discount.

TEEN CAMP

Ages 13-19

June 13-17 from 10AM-3:30PM

Tuition: $50

All teens in this camp will be in our summer production of "The Wiz" and must attend the audition this Sunday May 8th.  In this camp we will make promotional commercials for the show.  We will also learn all the music and develop our characters.  It is a ton of fun and a wonderful opportunity for cast bonding.

**To register for any camp, call 440-774-7062 and request a registration from.  Your child's spot will be reserved when you return the registration form along with a tuition check.  Please ask about financial assistance when calling to register if needed.**