[NEohioPAL] FREE Mallory SanMarco concert May 20th at TrueNorth

True North Cultural Arts truenorthculturalarts at gmail.com
Thu May 12 09:05:12 PDT 2011

CONTACT: Bob Sammon
440-785-7200 or bob at bobsammon.com
Rick Fortney
rafortney at oh.rr.com
Mallory SanMarco
Mal.SanMarco at gmail.com

Mallory SanMarco Debuts At Noon Concert

SHEFFIELD VILLAGE, OHIO – May 20th marks the first noon concert
appearance of Cleveland
area singer/songwriter Mallory SanMarco. Mallory brings with her one
of the most eclectic
collections of original music that has ever graced the French Creek
Nature Center stage.
Moving effortlessly between deeply personal ballads and fall-down
funny songs inspired by
keen social observations, she has entertained audiences in venues as
far ranging as the
Winchester in Lakewood to Ohio Music in Kent. Whether playing the
Beachland or the Beck
Café, the Barking Spider or Wilbert’s she has shared her music with
enthusiastic audiences
throughout the region and on the east coast.

“Mallory was one of our featured acts,” says Rick Fortney, Directory
of TrueNorth Cultural
Arts, “at our Sheffield Pride show last September and it’s great to
have her back as part of this
concert series.”

Bob Sammon, host of the concert series, agrees. “I’ve been watching
Mallory grow as a
performer and develop her talent as a singer over the last few years
and I'm very pleased we
are able to feature her at French Creek. She has an ability to craft a
great song that can speak
to the heart or elicit a deep laugh. There are several of her songs,”
Sammon says, “that I must
have heard a dozen or more times now that still make me smile when I
hear them.”

After years of hosting an open mic at the Book and Bean in Berea,
Mallory moved on to host
a weekly event at the Caribou Coffee Shop in Rocky River. The demands
of hosting a weekly
event helped her hone her performance skills and working in coffee
shops has proved to be a
source of inspiration for more than a few of her songs. She has
appeared as an opening act
as well as a featured performer all over the area, has been featured
on local TV shows like
Random Acts of Music and has had her music featured on local radio and
on the internet.

As always, the noon concert is a free event and is open to the public.
During the concert,
the Eight Note snack bar will be open for those interested in a light
lunch or refreshments.
TrueNorth Cultural Arts is located at the French Creek Nature & Art
Center, 4530 Colorado
Ave., in Sheffield Twp, about 25 minutes away from downtown Cleveland
and just 10 minutes
from Crocker Park. TrueNorth is in partnership with the Lorain County
Metro Parks and is the
home to a professional theatre, Art Gallery, summer theatre camps,
classes, and a chorale and
symphony, all located on 400 acres of beautiful park land. For more
information or directions
call (440) 949-5200 or visit www.TNCArts.org