[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Orchestra Youth Orchestra at Stocker!

Linda Hefner lhefner at lorainccc.edu
Mon May 16 07:47:34 PDT 2011

THE CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA YOUTH ORCHESTRA COMES TO STOCKER ARTS CENTER!

This season's family events featured acrobats, contortionists, dancing
wheels, Zydeco music, and finalists in the John Lennon Songwriting
Contest. And we're not finished yet! To conclude our season of family
events, Stocker Arts Center is pleased to have The Cleveland Orchestra
Youth Orchestra (COYO) perform in a free concert on Tuesday, May 17 at
7:00pm.

The 2010-2011 season marks the COYO's 25th anniversary season. The COYO
was founded in 1986 by then-resident conductor of the Cleveland
Orchestra, Jahja Ling, to provide talented young musicians with a
pre-professional orchestra training experience of the highest artistic
standard. Members of The Cleveland Orchestra Youth Orchestra are middle
and high school students who study privately and are prepared to commit
to an ambitious rehearsal and concert schedule.

Bring the whole family out to see these wonderfully talented young
people perform under the direction of James Feddeck in this free
concert. No tickets are necessary for this performance, but if you
should have any questions please call our Box Office at 440-366-4040.
The Box Office is open from noon to 6pm Monday through Friday and 90
minutes prior to curtain for ticketed events. You can find out more
about this event on our website: www.lorainccc.edu/stocker

Stocker Arts Center, winner of the Best Live Music Venue and Best
Theater in the 2010 Pulse Magazine "Best of Lorain County" competition,
is on the campus of Lorain County Community College - we're closer than
you think-just 10 minutes from Crocker Park! - 1005 North Abbe Road,
Elyria, OH  44035. Free parking is available on campus.

Thank you for your support of our family events this season. We look
forward to seeing you during the 2011-2012 theatre season!

See you soon!

Linda
Linda Hefner, Box Office Coordinator
Stocker Arts Center
Lorain County Community College
1005 North Abbe Road, Elyria, Ohio  44035
440.366.7144 or 1.800.995.5222 ext. 7144
lhefner at lorainccc.edu