[NEohioPAL] Lorain Community Music Theater Chicago, Looking for pit members

guspainter at aol.com guspainter at aol.com
Wed May 18 10:31:33 PDT 2011

 I'm heading up the pit orchestra for this summer's LCMT production of "Chicago".

Here are the instruments needed:

Reed 1 (picc., clar, sop sx, al sx)

Reed 2 (pic,clar, bss clar, sop, ten)

Reed 3 (clar, bss clar, sop, ten, bari)

Trumpet 1

Trumpet 2

Trombone 1

Trombone 2

Tuba/Bass

Keyboard 1

Keyboard 2

Drumset*

Violin

Banjo

Drumset is filled.  Looking to fill all other parts. With the Reed books, the more doublers I have the easier it will be, but there is also room for multiple people per book if need be.

The production dates are: July 28-31. (Thurs through Sun) Sunday is a matinee performance, at 2pm. All others are evenings at 7:30. (No double performance this year, yay!)

I would need the pit for the entire tech week (Monday through Wednesday) prior. (July 25, 26, 27) Those night would start at 6 and go until about 10.

There will be 2 read through nights, at North Ridgeville High school, 6:30 to 9:30pm

I need to let you know that this is not a paid gig. Lorain does not pay pit members, so this would be strictly for the fun of it. I will of course trade favors in any way that I could, whether it be letters of rec, or playing in another gig with anyone who needs a drummer or keyboardist. Plus I will spring for pizza, and provide water and snacks at the rehearsals.
If you are interested, please contact Josh Cutting, music director.  My email is GusPainter at aol.com
Thank you for your time

Josh Cutting