[NEohioPAL] Camp Digi-Lit: Registration closes May 31 for literacy and technology camp

Cable,Courtney T ctc13 at uakron.edu
Thu May 19 09:00:58 PDT 2011

Registration for Camp Digi-Lit will close Tuesday, May 31, 2011.

The Center for Literacy at The University of Akron's College of Education is seeking youth from first through seventh grade to register for summer day camps focusing on Graphic Novel Making, Storybook Making, and Screenwriting. Camp Digi-Lit is an educational summer day camp designed to nurture, encourage, and inspire future generations of readers, writers, learners, and thinkers. Our camps cultivate a taste for exploration, creativity, and expression, as well as stimulate a sense of excitement in reading and writing through technology while helping to prevent learning loss over the summer months.

Camps are one week from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and are based in Zook Hall on campus. Fees are $300 per student and $250 for multiple siblings. Scholarships are available for students attending Akron Public Schools. Scholarship application forms are due at the end of this week Friday, May 20th.

For more information about the camps, registration, or how to apply for a scholarship, visit the Camp Digi-Lit website: http://bit.ly/camp-digi-lit or call 330-972-7343. For your convenience, online registration is available on the website along with downloadable application forms.

    Graphic Novel Making Camp (Grades 3-5) June 20-24, 2011
    Storybook Making Camp (Grades 1-3) June 27-July 1, 2011
    Screenwriting Camp (Grades 5-7) June 27-July 1, 2011

We are looking forward to a fun and educational camp at The University of Akron's Center for Literacy this summer.
Thank you for considering Camp Digi-Lit and we hope to hear from you soon.

Explore, discover, create.
Camp Digi-Lit  http://bit.ly/camp-digi-lit