[NEohioPAL] "Kenston Improv Team goes to Global Finals" fund raiser

Julia Kolibab juliakol at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 08:42:41 PDT 2011

Dinner this Sunday, May 22nd, at Blazin' Bills!

The Kenston HIgh School Destination Imagination Improv Team has made it to
Global Finals! Destination Imagination is a creative problem solving competition
challenge which requires research, quick thinking, building skills, and thinking
outside the box. It is an excellent venue for nurturing creative minds and
confident spirits in young people.

The Kenston Team. which includes Brigitte Kolibab, Maggie Woodworth, Madeleine
O'Brien, and Katherine Hoffman, and is coached by equity actor Julia Kolibab
(hence this shameless use of Neohiopal to plug our fund raiser) chose to compete
in the improv challenge.

They placed at the regional competition, took first place at the state
competition, and now this Tuesday are headed to the Global Finals in Knoxville
Tennessee. Teams from all over the world will be competing. Last year they went
to Globals and in their challenge they came in 4th out of 59 teams! Beat only by
Singapore and two teams from Texas!

Going to Globals is an expensive venture and it costs about $5000 to send the
team. The team has been car washing, garage saling, chocolate selling for the
past few weeks. We will be having our final fund raiser this Sunday at Blazing
Bills in Burton, OH. If you enjoy award winning ribs (and other delicious meals
- there are 5 dinner choices, including a vegetarian choice) please stop by and
attend our dinner at 1:00 to 4:00 this sunday, May 22nd. The dinner is 30.00 for
adults, 15.00 for 18 and under. There will also be door prizes and some
entertainment!

Sun. May 22 from 1 to 4 pm.!!

Thanks, eveyone!
Julia KolibabTo see more information about our DI team and our fund raiser you
can go to kenstondi.ohdi15.org. Blazin' Bills is located at 12891 Main Market
Rd. Rte 422, Troy Township