[NEohioPAL] Short Film Casting Call

John Swansiger swansiger.2 at wright.edu
Sat May 21 09:53:25 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm John Swansiger and I'm casting for the short Wright State University thesis film "Profile," which will be shot in early/mid June in Dayton, Ohio! We are casting all men and women, ages 21-35, for multiple roles. I would like to note that this is a non-paying job. Please include your contact information, along with a head shot and resume, if accessible, and I will get back to you! Please send all information to swansiger.2 at wright.edu. Thanks and I can't wait to hear from you!

All character information and the film synopsis is included below:

Synopsis:
Social networking has changed the way we interact with each other. Ian, a young person starting out in the world, embraces this phenomenon in a darker way. After taking a relationship offline and into the real world, Ian quickly realizes that the woman of his obsession is not who she seems. Do the pictures we place online reflect who we really are, or who we want to be?
 IAN (22-25) A young man trapped in between adolescence and adulthood. Borderline obsessive compulsive, he prefers things kept in a quiet order. Once an outgoing person, Ian has retreated into the internet where he finds pleasure in pursuing women online.

 ELIZABETH (27-32) Unhappy with how mundane her life has turned out, Elizabeth buries herself in the dark recesses of the internet. After creating multiple lives online she thrusts herself into multiple encounters, yet she still finds herself desiring something more.

 BRANDON (22-25) Ian’s socially outgoing roommate, he is unaware of the changes Ian is going through. He is Ian’s connection to the outside world.

 LINDSEY (22-25) Ian’s ex-girlfriend who has recently started dating his roommate Brandon. Tensions rise when the two unexpectedly see each other again for the first time in two years.

 ALLEN (27-32) Elizabeth’s husband, he is painfully aware of their failing marriage and is doing everything he can to keep it together.