[NEohioPAL] Startup Glee Club Seeks Inspired Musical/Vocal Director

Joelle Prochera joelle at coachjoelle.com
Tue May 24 08:21:59 PDT 2011

Startup Glee Club Seeks Inspired Musical/Vocal Director

.       Are you an experienced or emerging musical/vocal director looking
for an exciting new group to direct?

.       Do you love beautiful harmonies, fun contemporary music and have a
flair for the dramatic?

.       Is there some part of you that loves to push the limits of what can
be done with a show choir?

If the answer is YES, then we need to talk to you!

We are a small group of community singers ages 19-90 on the ground floor of
pulling together

a music and movement experience that will allow performers to get their song
and dance on

and will bring a lot of joy to the greater Cleveland area.

We have established a strong community interest and the next step is to

find a director that shares the vision and wants to come play with us.

That's where you come in!

We have included some additional details below to give you a feel for what
we have in mind to create.

If this speaks to you and you want to explore whether the glee club is a fit
for your talents, let's talk.

To discuss possibilities: please contact Joelle Prochera 216 320 9298
-joelle at coachjoelle.com

We look forward to hearing from  you.

The Vision

Glee: (Def) extreme happiness

Glee Club: (Def) extreme happiness created through music and movement.

The Experience:

.         Dynamic musical and movement experience

.         Commitment to performance excellence

.         Have fun bringing more joy to the world

.         Interactive + "Entertaining"

.         Intergenerational -  A place for everyone to joyfully self-express

.         Continuity - create a repertoire

.         Engage in the creative process collectively

.         Pride of Performance & the exhilaration of creating beautiful
music

.         Supportive of each other - providing feedback and opportunities
for excellence in a positive way

When are rehearsals held?

Rehearsals are Wednesdays 7-9 weekly (this will be the plan unless our
perfect music director has a major conflict.)

Where are rehearsals?

Rehearsals will be in Cleveland Heights. We are currently seeking a practice
facility for regular practices. (There is flexibility to this if the music
director has a preferred location suggestion.)

How Many Singers Do You Envision?

20-25 people max (If the musical director has a broader vision we could
explore it.)

What types of music do you envision this group doing?

It will be a combination of music but focusing on contemporary pop  songs
with energy, fun, and that uplift. We want it to be current and relatable.

The general energy of the songs can be found in some of the ideas from
founding members:

Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

Defying Gravity - Wicked

Crazy - Seal

Fireflies - Owl City

Amazing Just the way you are

Born this way - Lady Gaga

In my life - Beatles

If Everyone cared - Nickelback

We are of course open to input and direction as some of these songs may not
be suitable or we may not have the vocal range but you get a feel for the
energy we are looking for.

Will it be a group that patterns itself after the TV show "Glee?"  Will it
be a show choir with choreography, etc.?

Yes. Perhaps not quite that ambitious but yes, we want there to be music and
movement - it will be a performance that envelopes the audience and has
visual appeal as well as musical excellence.

Will the music be primarily choral, or will it mainly be solos with
vocal/instrumental backup?

This will be a choral arrangement.  Even the most current, contemporary
music is being sung by choral groups (many can be found on youtube) While
there may be solos inside of the music the idea is that this would be a
choral arrangement.

Will it be mainly "a cappella" singing?  How much will instrumental
accompaniment play a role?

There will be some a cappella but most music would likely have piano or
other instruments accompanying.  If there are awesome a cappella songs that
we can pull off - great! - but it would not be the primary focus.  With that
being said if the choral director that we meshed with had a passion and a
vision for a cappella in the energy of this type of music that would
certainly be something we would be up for.

Is there a membership fee? What will you do for expenses?

Participants are open to a moderate membership fee to purchase music and
other basic expenses (we would be looking to the music director to help us
determine the amount of money needed and the best way to secure it ie. dues,
fundraising, sponsorship  etc.)

Is the music director a paid or volunteer position?

We are ideally seeking someone who wants to play as much as we do, who sees
this as a way to stretch their creative wings and who wants to be a part of
creating something fun, magical and vital in the Cleveland choral community.
We would be very open to an honorarium or some other arrangement that honors
the talent of our director without being a financial hardship for the
singers. Let's talk about it.

joelle at coachjoelle.com

Joelle

Joelle Prochera-Friedman