[NEohioPAL] Comedy contest in Mentor Ohio

doctor celery doctorcelery at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:52:58 PDT 2011

Eastside Comedy Zone
Summer Laff Off

We would like to announce a contest for amateur comedians.  Later this summer we will hold a contest at Toth’s Place in Mentor, Ohio.  The top 3 places will win prizes including cash, gift baskets, and the top placer wins a chance to close a future show.

There will be two preliminary rounds:  June 22 and July 13.  The top 3 from each round will come back July 27 in a finals round.  There are limited spots in the preliminary rounds, so they will be assigned on a first come basis.

The first round each participant will get to do 5-6 minutes.  In the finals round each will get to do 8-10 minutes.

Who can participate?  This contest is for “amateurs” so if you get paid to do comedy, then you are too advanced.  If you have featured or headlined anywhere, you are too advanced.  If you have closed for Eastside Comedy Zone in the past, you are too advanced.

Judging will be based on a combination of audience reaction with special guest judges.

We will also have door prizes for the audience and we will run 50-50 raffle over all three weeks (to benefit a charity of Toth’s Place’s choosing).

For more info or to sign up, contact us at eastsidecomedyzone at hotmail.com

"She went down to the pet shop and came back with two alligators. We asked her why she'd got two alligators, and she said they were on sale. Buy one at the regular price and you got another one for a penny. An alligator one cent sale. In its own way it made sense." Richard Brautigan, A CONFEDERATE GENERAL FROM BIG SUR