[NEohioPAL] Theatre: An Actor's Medium

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Fri Jun 3 20:07:02 PDT 2011

A NEW blog post by Artistic Director Benjamin Rexroad about Heads Up
Productions' work on The Pillowman by Martin McDonagh.

Heads Up Productions' is using a new rehearsal method to bring to life
this dark, comedic tale of art and child murder.

"I have been directing shows in much the same way for the last 2
years.  It’s a system that works for Heads Up.
The actors come to rehearsal memorized for whatever scene we’re
working on that day.  I give the actors a list (on a yellow sheet of
paper) of things they need to include in that scene (the color purple,
a 15 second pause, a unison action, a change of tempo, a visual quote,
etc.) and a time limit based on the scene’s length.  Then I walk away."

Continue reading about the company's process at www.headsupproductions.net