[NEohioPAL] PRESS RELEASE: Mike and Ike LIVE

Jeff Holland mikethelimeyandikethehick at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 16:40:23 PDT 2011

WARNING:  THE FOLLOWING EMAIL NOTIFICATION WILL ANNOY SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN ON THIS LIST A LONG TIME...AND WE'RE FINE WITH THAT

Mike: (English accent) Greetings and salutations.  He's not Mike.

Ike: (Southern accent) He ain't Ike and don't worry, people, this ain't a the-ater review.

M:  Not that anything we wrote for this list in the past was either.

I:  Point taken, limey.  The fact is, we just don't have the time ta see a lot a the-ater anymore.  We're too busy becomin' mildly successful internet celebrities.

M:  Our fanbase, while still small relatively speaking, has grown quite a lot since the days we routinely pissed people off on here.

I:  Our podcast-The All Star Summer Jamboree and season

M:  Series

I:  Two of our webshow are now bein' hosted exclusively at Geekplanetonline.com, a UK based website of all things cool.

M:  Oh yes...musical lovers, Episode 7 of our podcast, which you can find at http://www.geekplanetonline.com/mikeandike features interviews with two of the stars of the new hit musical which is making its premiere in LA: Re-Animator: The Musical.

I:  Anyway, we're doin' a live show later this month, and here's the "official" press release, currently available on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/TheMikeandIkeshow ) and at neohionews.com.

M:  We hope to see at least two of you there.

Both:  Namaste.

Cult Comedy Duo Host Film Screening

GREEN, OHIO (June 7, 2011) — Mike and Ike, comics, film critics, film makers, stoners, make their first live appearance in several years to screen the cult classic Spider Baby Saturday, June 25th at Theatre 8:15 (located at 4740 Massillon Road in Green #330-896-0339), while providing their unique brand of commentariffing. What’s that? Go to http://www.geekplanetonline.com/mikeandikeshow and watch any of the videos to find out.

Not only that, but the evening will be taped for a Video on Demand download for their world wide fan base to see.  (It’s true, they have fans world wide.)

Tickets are ten dollars and will be available at the door, but if you wish to reserve seats, email itsmikeandike at yahoo.com with your name and how many tickets you want held for you.

This will be the first of a three part series, so come, watch an odd movie, hear odd jokes, learn some stuff, and say hi to foreigners. Doors open at 7:30, the show starts at 8:15.
WARNING: This event will contain strong language, adult themes, drug jokes, and an excessive amount of Nell Carter.