[NEohioPAL] CREW POSITIONS: Available for Feature Film AMY

Serena Turchik sturchik at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:20:50 PDT 2011

Crew Positions Available for Feature Film AMY
LOCAL AREA FILMMAKERS TO HOLD OPEN CREW CALL MEETING ON JULY 2nd FOR THEIR ORIGINAL, FULL-LENGTH FEATURE FILM, AMY.

AMY will be shot entirely on location in the Cleveland, OH area and will push the production boundaries of independent filmmaking, while ambitiously using the horror/revenge genre to raise awareness to the ongoing problem of drunk driving.

Local screenwriter/director/producer (Darkest Night Productions), Brian White, and filmmaker/director, Jonathan Koenig (C-Town Film Factory), are combining forces to produce a full-length feature film this fall titled AMY. AMY tackles America's drunk driving epidemic head-on with its gritty, visceral and no-holds-barred depiction of how the lives of victims, their families and the lives of the perpetrators are horrifically altered and destroyed by this common tragedy. AMY weaves clever twists, leaving you guessing until the end, as it breathes new life into the age-old, self-fulfilling prophecy of how karma always comes back around to repay us for our misdeeds. The story is a raw tale of reflection, retribution and above all else, redemption. If you drink and drive, Amy is coming for you.

Brian White has lived in the Northeast Ohio area his entire life. AMY is his second, full-length feature film screenplay. Having personally lost a close relative, in his early 20's, to drunk driving, White sincerely believes that one way or another; we have all had people in our lives affected by drunk driving. Filmmaker Jonathan Koenig is joining White to make a feature film that will change the way people view independent features, using unconventional production techniques, a meticulous thought process and most importantly, pride, passion and commitment in their work. Their goal is simple: To make an intelligent and entertaining film grounded in reality, but leveraging the ever-popular horror/revenge genre to force viewers to think about, and ultimately care about, the characters in the film and the problem of drunk driving. The city of Cleveland will be prominently displayed throughout the film.

SYNOPSIS: A timid college waitress embarks on a night of wild partying with a charming restaurant patron and his misfit group of five friends. The seemingly innocent night of drunken, lewd and stupid behavior yields unimaginable tragic results. A horrific accident forever changes their seven lives as a deadly secret is born, one they all agree to take to the grave with them...all except one. Three years later, the friends unite to celebrate in drunken debauchery once again...this time it's the ultimate bachelor party. Everyone seems to have moved on since that fateful night three years ago. But have they? Someone has revenge on their mind...and they will stop at nothing until they expose the truth and even the score. It's a bachelor party gone awry as karma is tested and proven once again to bite you in the ass when you least expect it to. Do unto others as you would want done unto you. This is a twisted tale of justice and revenge, but most importantly...the story of Amy.

Final cast selections will be made and announced during the week of June 20th. The production team of AMY will move forward with rehearsals, actor workshops and minor combat training throughout the months of July and August. Production is scheduled to begin at an undetermined date within the month of September and will consist of mostly outdoor, evening shots before the Cleveland area weather turns bad (typically in October). The film's production is estimated to run through the month of December with shoots primarily being held Thursday and/or Friday evenings (after 6 PM) and all day on Saturdays. Actual shooting dates may vary and will be scheduled accordingly depending on talent availability.

The production team of AMY is in need of and seeks the following crew positions:

• Pre-Production Manager (needed to start ASAP)
o Works with the Directors
o Produce a Production Packet that will be utilized by all crew members during filming
o Onset Continuity Script Supervisor

• Storyboard Artist
o Work with Pre-Production Manager and Directors to create storyboards of the scenes

• Camera Operator (2 Needed)
o Experience with DSLR filming (Canon 5D Mark II or 7D) is a plus

• Grips (3 Needed)
o Assist on sets
o Lighting
o Electric

• Craft Services
o Work with production to team to provide catering services for shoots

• Makeup Artist
o Blood and gore

• Special Effects Artist
o Focuses on achieving blood and gore within shots

• Social Media Manager
o Specialize in creating buzz and promoting awareness of AMY on the World Wide Web
o Manage AMY Facebook and Twitter accounts
o Assist in Marketing efforts

• Editor
o Non-linear editor wanted for post-production, trailers and production segments

Join Brian White, Jonathan Koenig and the rest of the production team of AMY from 2-4 PM on Saturday, July 2nd at Discovery Photo Gallery and Studio, 27629 Chagrin Blvd., Suite 107, Woodmere, OH 44122. Discovery Photo Gallery and Studio is conveniently located minutes from the 271 North/South Chagrin Blvd. exit. IF INTERESTED, please RSVP via email (casting @ amywantsrevenge.com). Please email your production resume and bring with or send any examples (links, documents or photos) of your previous work for consideration. You will be notified via email that your inquiry has been received and that you are invited to the open crew call meeting on July 2nd where you will meet with Brian White, Jonathan Koenig and the rest of the AMY production crew onsite at one of the actual production locations (where approximately 65% of the feature will be filmed). All your questions will be answered in a candid and informal open format two-hour session. It may even be the most fun you ever had in the filmmaking business. Many of the actors have already been saying that about their auditions and you can be part of it too. If a job isn't listed here, but you are still interested in being part of this project, please contact (casting @ amywantsrevenge.com) and someone will get back to you to let you know how you can be involved and be part of filmmaking history in Cleveland, OH. Why should all the people in Hollywood have all the fun?

The production team of AMY looks forward to meeting with all of you on Saturday, July 2nd from 2-4 PM. Applicable cast members may be on hand to meet and greet potential crewmembers. Thank you for your interest!

Visit the Official home of AMY on the World Wide Web at www.amywantsrevenge.com.

Please read the following disclaimer about the above crew positions from screenwriter/director/producer Brian White.

"Greetings. Thank you for your interest in our feature film production of AMY. My name is Brian White. In addition to being on call 24/7 with my Monday through Friday, IT day job, I'm also the owner, editor, a writer and a reviewer for the online entertainment website, www.whysoblu.com. While my website does not pay all my bills, it does allow me to attend some really cool events (Comic-Con, Red Carpet at the Scream Awards and LIMA to just name a few), meet, interview and photograph all your favorite celebrities (Angelina Jolie, Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson just to name a few) and attend press screenings of theatrical feature films before they are made available to the public. All in all, I'm a pretty lucky guy when I reflect on it. However, none of these ventures in life feeds my passion like a certain project I'm about to talk about.

Being a movie critic for the past three years, I have seen my share of bad films. Always wanting to have written something of my own, whether it is a screenplay or a novel, a proverbial light bulb went off in my head one fateful day in November 2009. After being inspired by a thorough reading of Robert Rodriguez's Rebel Without a Crew and studying various other screenwriting publications (for over a year), I knew I could write a theatrical movie better than most of the ones I'm forced to bash within my reviews. It amazes me what passes for good in Hollywood nowadays, but anyway, I digress. After finishing my first full-length feature film screenplay in July 2010, something was still missing. I realized even if I sold this script I would never be involved in it the way I wanted to be. No, writing a screenplay wasn't good enough for me. I wanted to write, produce and direct a movie, but not just any movie. . .my movie! It had to be a film that I could confidently make on a low budget within my hometown, Cleveland, OH. Like my Hollywood friend Adam Green (Frozen, Hatchet, Hatchet II) did, I ambitiously set out to write, produce and direct my own film. If I were going to do that, I knew I would need to assemble a team of like-minded individuals and make this a collaborative effort. And that's exactly what I did.

AMY is my second, full-length feature film screenplay. The idea of AMY came to me one day (August 2010) while lifting weights at the Independence Recreation Center. So I did not forget, I ran in the men's restroom and wrote down all my revelations on toilet paper. Once I came home that day, I immediately called my collaborative partner Gregg Senko over. I presented him with a series of note cards I transcribed from the almost unreadable toilet paper and we began to construct a timeline. I knew what the story of AMY was about and I knew how it was going to end. The question was how am I going to breathe new life into the revenge thriller format? I mean there's nothing that really hasn't been done before. Every movie is essentially a reincarnation or a different take on an existing story. How can I make my feature film project distinguishable from all that have come before? Even worse, I couldn't let my imagination run completely rampant because I ultimately had to stay grounded in reality if this was going to be something I could conceivably produce locally. The inherit challenges of the genre were painstakingly present before I even sat down to write a single page. I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but that's the beauty of it. You ask any one of my friends about me, and one of the things they are all going to say is that if Brian puts his mind to it, he can accomplish whatever he sets out to do. If that isn't encouraging, then I don't know what is. I had to take that mentality and roll with it here.

I decided to recruit three more friends: Virgil Wahome (former ShockSpiritLove band mate and musician extraordinaire), Scott T. Morrison (you will never find a better photographer in the Midwest and most importantly. . .loyal friend) and Bryan McIntosh (after all. . .I was going to need a fight choreographer if I was going to do this right). Collectively, we would meet bi-weekly to brainstorm ideas and in between those sessions, I would flesh out the story and make my new draft presentation at the following meetings. I will tell you this much, I will never write another story without my team of contributors. They were and always will be indispensable to me. Eventually, we brought Gerard Iribe, Serena Turchik and the man we lovingly refer to as the Script Dr., the presidential Ken Johnson, into the mix. Serena and Ken challenged my writing like no two have ever done before. After every meeting I would be like, God dammit. . .more re-writes! But you know what? As a cohesive team, we produced a story, finalized this past April, which I stand behind 100% and couldn't be more proud of. And honestly. . .that's why you are reading this today. It's because of my pride, my commitment and above all my passion, that I want you to take a leap of faith and be part of this journey with me. This isn't a college project. This is the real deal. This is the time where us, the little people of Cleveland, say hello Hollywood. Take notice. We can make a feature film just as good, if not better than you, right here in our own rural backyard. This is our time to RISE UP.

Like Jonathan Koenig, the actors, the entire production team of AMY and myself, there will be no salaries earned for the above crew positions. We are looking for like-minded individuals who believe in this project and are passionate about being part of something greater than themselves and furthering (possibly launching) their careers in the world of filmmaking. I would not be wasting your time or mine if we were not dead serious about producing this film, but more importantly, producing it right. That means not being afraid to spend money where it's needed. . .on its overall PRODUCTION VALUE. We are ambitiously setting out to make and create something special here. Like Robert Rodriguez did for his hometown state of Texas, we want to put Cleveland on the map. Sure there are those Avengers, Nickelodeon and Paramount productions currently going on here in Ohio, but when is the last time you have ever seen something homegrown from Cleveland truly make a splash in Hollywood? That is our goal. . .our passion and our commitment. It's to make a film with rich, cinematic production value that rivals and hopefully topples most of our Western states' competition. Are you up to the challenge? If so, we WANT you to be part Team AMY. I implore you to please inquire today! We'll see you on the 2nd. Thanks for reading!" -- Brian White