[NEohioPAL] Offering Amateur Voice Acting Demo Mixing Services

Daniel Conlin trumpetbando at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 13 23:01:19 PDT 2011

I'm offering demo mixing services to any amateur voice actors (or  people who
just want to get started) who want some help.  I'll mix your  lines, add effects
and music, and whatever else you may need.

The  price will vary based on how much you need done (i.e. it will  cost more if
you wish for me to "clean up" the audio as much as I can.   Though that depends
on the quality of your mic.), but I will never  charge more than $50, unless you
want me to mix more than one demo.  If  you provide the music and don't wish for
me to clean up your audio, the  price will range from $25 - $40.  If you have no
music and want me to  clean up the audio, $40 - $50.

What you will need: A microphone (almost any will do, but your demo will sound
much better if your mic is at least semi-decent), and enough knowledge of it to
record, label, and send audio files.  I personally own a Samson CO1U USB
condenser mic.  I highly recommend it, but only if you're serious about voice
acting (as it's not exactly cheap).  But be aware that, if you do manage to
become a professional, don't plan on using this mic forever.  It's a solid
microphone, but not quite professional studio material.

What I will need: The sound clips you wish to have in your demo (please separate
them into separate files rather than one continuous one.)  Make sure the clip
contains only your voice, as well as any effects (distortion, sound effects,
background noise, etc.) you may have added (I will add effects if you wish.)
Don't put other people's voices in the clips, as it defeats the purpose of a
demo which is to showcase your own talents.  If you have any music you wish to
add to the demo, send that along too.  If not, I will add the music myself
(every demo needs music).  You may also elect to give me instructions on how you
want everything ordered or any other specifics.

Here's my most recent demo,  to give you an idea of the extent of my abilities
in this manner.  Don't expect miracles, just a decent sounding demo for an
amateur voice  actor:  http://www.box.net/shared/6vqneiodun

If you have everything needed and wish to start, or if you have any questions,
email me at rephusmaren at gmail.com

Thank you, and tell your friends.

Dan Conlin (ConVito) - Voice Talent
rephusmaren at gmail.com