[NEohioPAL] FREE Noontime Concert with Jim Anderson today!

TrueNorth Cultural Arts truenorthculturalarts at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 22:19:28 PDT 2011

The current Noon Concert season at French Creek Nature and Art Center will
end on a high note tomorrow, Friday June 17th with an encore performance by
Jim Anderson. Known for his work with his band, Forever Young, and for his
duet with Denise Geisler, Jim will be doing a solo show that will feature a
wide cross section of his musical catalogue.

"I first met Jim," says concert host Bob Sammon, "when he hosted an open mic
out in Solon. I very quickly came to appreciate not only his professionalism
but his love of a wide variety of music."

"Jim has one of the most eclectic set lists of any of the performers we've
presented," says TrueNorth Cultural Arts Artistic Director Rick Fortney.

Sammon agrees. "Within the hour show you are likely to hear everything from
classic rock to blues and folk, a bit of jazz and some very good original
tunes that draw from all the genres Jim has mastered."

Last season Jim was part of the Noon Concert season and was featured, along
with Forever Young, at the September Pride Day event held on the grounds of
French Creek. He was a big hit on both occasions. This year, because of
events scheduled during the week of Jim's appearance, the concert will be
moved into the big theater at French Creek and Jim is planning a very family
friendly show that should appeal to all ages.

Notes Rick Fortney, "This will be a great way to close the current season.
Jim's show is a great example of the level of talent we're bringing to
French Creek. We will continue to build on this when we start up again in
September."

As always, the noon concert is a free event and is open to the public.
During the concert, the Eighth Note snack bar will be open for those
interested in a light lunch or refreshments.