[NEohioPAL] Weathervane First 10-Minute Play Festival

David Seth magicdsm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 23:56:19 PDT 2011

Dear Ms. Moushey,

Since you find charging playwrights to submit their work a reasonable position, why not be fair to all of the artists involved?  Why not charge actors to audition, and directors to apply, and designers and techies and all of the rest of the people who give so freely of their time and expertise, whether or not they get cast or hired or have some form of involvement with your production?

After all, without the playwrights, you wouldn't have the material to put on the plays, so why not share the philosophy with everyone who uses the plays, just as you charge audiences to watch them?

"The competition will provide Weathervane with recognition and expand its reputation for quality and innovative theatre."  I'm not sure this email exchange or its tone promotes the kind of quality your mission is seeking for Weathervane.  My apology for not realizing that you charged $7.50/script submitted - a bargain - rather than $15.

Sincerely,
Deborah Magid

http://deborahmagid.com