[NEohioPAL] Bus Stop at Big Dog Theatre featuring the students from the Academy For the Performing Arts

MITCHELL FIELDS figfest at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 28 11:54:51 PDT 2011

Big Dog Theater presents, an Academy for the Performing Arts
production of
Bus Stop
By: William Inge
Directed by: Mitchell Fields
July 8th, 9th, and 10th @ 7:30 p.m.
Big Dog Theater
2781 Euclid Heights Blvd, Cleveland Heights, OH 44106
													           Tickets are $10.00
								      Reserve yours today by phone 216-472-3636 or online at www.bigdogtheater.com
THE STORY: In the middle of a howling snowstorm, a bus out of Kansas
City pulls up at a cheerful roadside diner. All roads are blocked, and
four or five weary travelers are going to have to hole up until
morning. Cherie, a nightclub chanteuse in a sparkling gown and a seedy
fur-trimmed jacket, is the passenger with most to worry about. She's
been pursued, made love to and finally kidnapped by a twenty-one-year-
old cowboy with a ranch of his own and the romantic methods of an
unusually headstrong bull. The belligerent cowhand is right behind
her, ready to sling her over his shoulder and carry her, alive and
kicking, all the way to Montana. Even as she's ducking out from under
his clumsy but confident embraces, and screeching at him fiercely to
shut him up, she pauses to furrow her forehead and muse, "Somehow deep
inside of me I got a funny feeling I'm gonna end up in Montana …" As a
counterpoint to the main romance, the proprietor of the cafe and the
bus driver at last find time to develop a friendship of their own; a
middle-age scholar comes to terms with himself; and a young girl who
works in the cafe also gets her first taste of romance.