[NEohioPAL] trombonist opening in community orchestra

Ray Leanza rfl3 at att.net
Sun Jul 3 18:54:13 PDT 2011

The Suburban Symphony Orchestra has an opening for a trombone player.
Suburban Symphony is a group of amateurs, about 70 strong, who rehearse on
Wednesday evenings at Beachwood High School from late August to early May,
and put on 5 concerts a year, usually on Sunday afternoons.  We play some
pretty challenging music.  Recently we have performed Shostakovich's
Symphony No.5, Beethoven's Missa Solemnis, Mahler’s Symphony No. 4, Bartok’s
Concerto for Orchestra, and many similar pieces.  The winds and many of the
strings are very good musicians.  Our director is Martin Kessler, who is
musically excellent, is respectful to his players, and motivates well.

Interested parties should call Ray Leanza, personnel coordinator, at 440 525
5050.  Musical résumé will be requested and audition may be required. (This
is not a paying gig.)