[NEohioPAL] A Mom's Thoughts...

savvystars1 at aol.com savvystars1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 19:51:27 PDT 2011

Let me preface this by saying I am not a critic…just a mom of a kid who is lucky enough to be in one of the most incredible productions I have ever seen.   I’m not posting this to suggest you go to see my kid…nor am I posting this to suggest you believe me.  I am posting this to encourage you to support Cleveland theater at its best.

Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory’s current production of Les Miserables directed by Fred Sternfeld with musical direction by David Williams is made up of a group of “kids”, yes, but you would never know it.  I have been blown away by the caliber of talent we have right here in our own backyard that was cultivated so beautifully in this production.  Principal roles are being played by young actors whose voices and abilities are professional beyond their years.  Every one of them is Broadway-ready.   And the entire cast and production is stellar.

At each of the three sold-out performances to date, following instantaneous standing ovations, I overheard comments from audience members (who were not parents of students in the show!) who called this production “exceptional” and “brilliant”.    One guest who came to the show (perhaps somewhat begrudgingly at first) commented afterward, unsolicited, “This was better than the one at Playhouse Square.”

It’s hard not to get swept up in the emotion of such a hauntingly beautiful production as Les Miserables.  If you have seen the show and know the music, I have no doubt you will love this production…and leave the show in tears as so many already have.  If you have never seen Les Miz, this is an opportunity not to miss.

Don’t take my word for it -- go and decide for yourself….if for no other reason, just to support Cleveland theater and a group of incredible young actors and actresses.   I think you’ll discover what I have…that we in Cleveland are blessed to have such a theatrical treasure here.

For tickets and information, check out www.fairmountcenter.tix.com or call the box office at 440-338-3171.   There are four performances left:  Thursday, Friday, Saturday (all at 7:30pm) and Sunday, July 17th (at 2p) at Mayfield Civic Center.  Please be aware that the seats are going fast.  If you like, tell them I sent you....and enjoy the show.

And to the entire cast, crew and direction team - congratulations on an exceptional run to date.  I am proud to know you.
Break a leg next weekend!
: )
Staci Vincent